The Atmosphere in This Forum Has Changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbird1

It matters to those who hope to learn how to kill Turkeys. Which group are you in?

I like to kill em, Nitro. Your one of the guys on here I pay close attention to and I take the things you say as fact. But, even you are sometimes set in your ways...right?

WaltL1

Personally I would rather spend the day with a first time turkey hunter who has a ground blind under one arm, a sack full of the latest squeeling hens under the other, and who doesnt know squat but has a great attitude and treats people with respect than a condescending, arrogant, blowhard whoever they may be and however many turkeys they have killed. I would rather spend my time on this forum the same way. Just my opinion.

Nitro

Banned
I like to kill em, Nitro. Your one of the guys on here I pay close attention to and I take the things you say as fact. But, even you are sometimes set in your ways...right?

No, I am too intelligent for that. I don't let my ego prevent me from learning- from anyone.:D

Last edited:

Nitro

Banned
Personally I would rather spend the day with a first time turkey hunter who has a ground blind under one arm, a sack full of the latest squeeling hens under the other, and who doesnt know squat but has a great attitude and treats people with respect than a condescending, arrogant, blowhard whoever they may be and however many turkeys they have killed. I would rather spend my time on this forum the same way. Just my opinion.

Duly noted..........:crazy:

I would prefer a nice mix of both.:cheers:

Nitro

Banned
I would agree with you. I enjoy picking up things from the vets. Turkey hunting is an evolution one goes through. I wish TC would understand some of the less experienced guys need time to evolve. For example, I've always killed em with production calls. Just this year, I ordered my first 2 custom pots from Tim (RutnStrut) because Nitro had spoken highly of them in an old thread and I had reached that point in my evolution. Some guys are just not meant to be teachers I guess.

You will enjoy the calls from Tim. Great choice.

Something else to consider in reference to your comments about "some guys are just not meant to be teachers".....

Not every Student is capable of learning- no matter who the instructor is. Just something to think about......for all of us.

Have a great season!!

boparks

It doesn't really matter how good someone is at what they do if they aren't going to communicate it in a way others can learn from it. Its even worse if the method results in pushing the ones that can learn from them away and flat out offends 90% of the folks around here.

People can say what they want but theres just been no need for some of whats gone on. There'll always be riffs but folks shouldn't either be afraid to post or interact here.

I had no idea what was going to happen when I posted this this morning other than it would be open season on me. Theres not just one person thats operated this way. I was not trying to get anyone banned but I was trying to draw some attention to the subject with hopes of finding a way to get a handle on it.

I guess it got attention.

I was just tired of wacthing folks get hammered for anything. This morning someone mentioned they rode a bicycle to cover ground and they were pretty much assaulted or at least the responses wrere completely unnecessary
Seems to me the ones that stand to learn and gain here are folks that are new to ity and young people. If you can't help them in a construtive way or run em off we're not accomplishing much in that regard

Theres plenty of slayers here that are glad to share and teach and people are completely comfortable asking questions and without fear of being berated

I have no doubt that TC has probably killed more turkeys than we'll ever see or hear, and it would have been nice if he'd come across in a way that taught others. Some of you guys that support him I know are absolute slayers and you guys have plenty to share if you will.

I hope that this place will get back to more of what it was.

Nitro

Banned
I ride a bike to some Gobblers. Deadly tactic...:banana:

Frank has a low tolerance for being questioned or attacked for stating his experience. I don't blame him one bit.

jbird1

You will enjoy the calls from Tim. Great choice.

Something else to consider in reference to your comments about "some guys are just not meant to be teachers".....

Not every Student is capable of learning- no matter who the instructor is. Just something to think about......for all of us.

Have a great season!!

Oh, It's gonna be a rough couple weeks waiting on those calls. Tim was super nice and helped point me in the right direction for sure. I hear ya also.."you can lead em to water..."

Good luck to you too.:cheers:

Gadget

It doesn't really matter how good someone is at what they do if they aren't going to communicate it in a way others can learn from it. Its even worse if the method results in pushing the ones that can learn from them away and flat out offends 90% of the folks around here.

People can say what they want but theres just been no need for some of whats gone on. There'll always be riffs but folks shouldn't either be afraid to post or interact here.

I had no idea what was going to happen when I posted this this morning other than it would be open season on me. Theres not just one person thats operated this way. I was not trying to get anyone banned but I was trying to draw some attention to the subject with hopes of finding a way to get a handle on it.

I guess it got attention.

I was just tired of wacthing folks get hammered for anything. This morning someone mentioned they rode a bicycle to cover ground and they were pretty much assaulted or at least the responses wrere completely unnecessary
Seems to me the ones that stand to learn and gain here are folks that are new to ity and young people. If you can't help them in a construtive way or run em off we're not accomplishing much in that regard

Theres plenty of slayers here that are glad to share and teach and people are completely comfortable asking questions and without fear of being berated

I have no doubt that TC has probably killed more turkeys than we'll ever see or hear, and it would have been nice if he'd come across in a way that taught others. Some of you guys that support him I know are absolute slayers and you guys have plenty to share if you will.

I hope that this place will get back to more of what it was.

Bobby are you and Andy gonna be able to hunt together after this...? If you have an opening give me a call.......:bounce:

Last edited:

trkyburns

Frank has a low tolerance for being questioned or attacked for stating his experience. I don't blame him one bit.

No one likes being attacked or questioned but you've got to realize this is the internet. It is anonymous for the most part and no one here had a clue who he was and if he was telling the truth. Heck Nitro, I don't know who you are. I'm pretty sure I know your name but that is only because I have seen where people have used it on here. What I do know is that I respect you from the posts I've seen because clearly you have earned it... you have been civil, helpful, generous, and you obviously know a thing or two about killing turkeys. No one got that from TC. I get that he is one of the most knowledgeable turkey slayers in the country, I don't doubt it. But he didn't earn anybody's respect. And I think he makes the mistake of thinking that he should be well known and instantly respected everywhere he goes. That is where he is wrong. I hate it because I was actually beginning to like him and value his opinion, whether I agreed with it or not.

Nitro

Banned
No one likes being attacked or questioned but you've got to realize this is the internet. It is anonymous for the most part and no one here had a clue who he was and if he was telling the truth. Heck Nitro, I don't know who you are. I'm pretty sure I know your name but that is only because I have seen where people have used it on here. What I do know is that I respect you from the posts I've seen because clearly you have earned it... you have been civil, helpful, generous, and you obviously know a thing or two about killing turkeys. No one got that from TC. I get that he is one of the most knowledgeable turkey slayers in the country, I don't doubt it. But he didn't earn anybody's respect. And I think he makes the mistake of thinking that he should be well known and instantly respected everywhere he goes. That is where he is wrong. I hate it because I was actually beginning to like him and value his opinion, whether I agreed with it or not.

There's a lot more I could say but I like this place too much to risk being banned. But believe me, I have opinions about people and the way things work. I'm just smart enough to keep them to myself!!!

You make some great points. I agree with most of them.

The one thing I truly despise is the prevailing lack of respect that some folks feel that they can get away with behind the safety of the computer screen.

I appreciate the nice comments. I am always here to help anyone I can- I just do most of it through PMs now...

:D

Nitro

Banned
Bobby are you and Andy gonna be able to hunt together after this...? If you have an opening give me a call.......:bounce:

Heck yeah we will......

I plan to have a few shots of Patron with him in front of a mesquite fire.... Then I will teach him how to run a trumpet call...........(with an LF Cox Trumpet!!!):bounce::bounce:

It's gonna be another "Jakes" only season in Texas anyhow this year.......you didn't get that memo??:D

Gadget

Heck yeah we will......

I plan to have a few shots of Patron with him in front of a mesquite fire.... Then I will teach him how to run a trumpet call...........(with an LF Cox Trumpet!!!):bounce::bounce:

It's gonna be another "Jakes" only season in Texas anyhow this year.......you didn't get that memo??:D

lol......... have a feeling you guys will be able to put your "differences" aside and have an awesome hunt, look forward to seeing the pics, wish I was going too... :D

Jakes ehh.... don't think it could get any worse than what I saw a couple years ago, should be all kinds of mature birds running around with the 100 jake per square mile hatch they had.

J.W.

It's pretty simple........Everyone has an opinion and this forum is a place that you can freely express it. Unfortunately, some folks on here just don't know how to express their opinion without degrading or insulting someone else for theirs.

Jason

Jody Hawk

The one thing I truly despise is the prevailing lack of respect that some folks feel that they can get away with behind the safety of the computer screen.

That's why internet posters should only use real names. That way, if someone is offended they know who to look for to punch in the face. :D:bounce:;)

Hobie

I just grin when I read some of the posts put up here about how to do this or that, knowing the author hasn't killed more than a handful of Gobblers....

And I shake my head at the same folks cracking on the comments or opinions of the man who has killed hundreds.... it's just disrespectful.

This will be my 32nd year chasing Gobblers. I learn something every season from the birds. Do I know it all?? Heck no. Some of yall need to think about who you are talking down to...

Shake my head to and laugh a lot about people who only killed a few gobblers and are internet turkey hunters.I have seen guys who killed one bird and is on a pro staff for a call maker and can not even play a call.Have heard him in person and just dont get it

This will be my 25th spring will never know everything about it and will never claim too like others have

Status
Not open for further replies.