The biggest scrapes.

Rackbuster

What are the biggest scrapes you've encountered?Several years ago I was hunting a small branch close to home and I came across a line of about 5 that ranged from about 5 ft. across down to the smallest of about 3 ft..I set up close to these and the first evening I thought I had him.He come out of planted pines into the branch bottom but would never get out of the thick stuff,never did see him but knew that was him.Never heard or see him after that day.Sure wanted to at least get a look at him.

kevincox

I have seen several the size of the hood on my truck. Im sure lots of different bucks were using it

MCBUCK

I have seen several the size of the hood on my truck. Im sure lots of different bucks were using it
Me too. I tend to likee the ones that are about 3x3 best.
I guess I feel like that is prolly the "mac daddy" usin that single like that....Prolly just junk thinkin , but it makes more sense to me.

P

potsticker

I judge deer by how high the overhead limb is, if it is a few feet off the ground i suspect it may not be a large deer. If the licking branch is chest high or higher we may be looking at big deer sign. Be sure to look at the tracks in the scrape. I once sat on a red hot scrape on our farm in morgan co. one evening. Shortly after climbing a tree i spotted a deer coming to the scrape. It was a doe, she peeded in the scrape and stood on her hind legs to rub the branch. Shortly a seven pointer did the same thing, in the afternoon i saw 1 doe and 7 bucks hit that scrape. Whos scrape was it, i figured it was a community scrape where every one is welcome! Allways hunt down wind.

P

potsticker

:huh::huh::huh::huh::banana:
I judge deer by how high the overhead limb is, if it is a few feet off the ground i suspect it may not be a large deer. If the licking branch is chest high or higher we may be looking at big deer sign. Be sure to look at the tracks in the scrape. I once sat on a red hot scrape on our farm in morgan co. one evening. Shortly after climbing a tree i spotted a deer coming to the scrape. It was a doe, she peeded in the scrape and stood on her hind legs to rub the branch. Shortly a seven pointer did the same thing, in the afternoon i saw 1 doe and 7 bucks hit that scrape. Whos scrape was it, i figured it was a community scrape where every one is welcome! Allways hunt down wind.

bowbuck

about the size of vw beetle

I got pics of 5 different bucks on it and none were "shooter" bucks I had other pics of. It was the most wonderful smelling place in the woods(to a deer hunter). I hunted it for a week and never saw a shooter around it.

Public Land Prowler

I found a live oak that was hanging low,and it had scrapes under it that connected and made a horseshoe shape about 20ft long.I've never seen a deer do that before.Usually two or three under the same tree,but not a dozen.

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
The biggest I have ever seen was on a golf course that was near a hunting club I was hunt in. I even got a chance to hunt the golf course because me and the owner became friends. This was in the early 90's. They were the size of car hoods all the way down two fairways on a finger of woods that ran between them. I missed a big buck the last day of the season on a green patch off of the course itself. I will not say where due to there being only one course in that area. They were the largest I have ever seen but then again, the bucks were bigger as well. Saw a 6 point on one morning with an 18 inch inside spread and 8 to 10 inch G-2's. Too small and I had to let him walk. It would be the same today if I hunted that county now due to the QDM rules through the whole county now. Tim