The Block Party

olcaptain

The Block Party

I guess you never get too old to learn. You try to be a good host and invite all the neighbors to your Block Party and soon, it is a complete disaster!! I was warned. Several friends said the Squirrels would crash the event hosted by the Captain’s Cafe, but I had no idea!!!
1.jpg
2.JPG
3.JPG
3b.JPG
4.jpg
5.JPG
6.JPG
8.JPG

Well, maybe there was a silver lining even in this story. Before the 25 lb. block was completely gone, I cut it in half. I dropped my chunk off our dock in hopes of chumming up a Carp in the crooked creek that runs in front of our house. The next day I had a Proper Pulldown and brought this fine lady to the net!

9.JPG

But the question remains. Was it the chum or was it the fat juicy Nightcrawler that finally made a party out of this otherwise dead event?

crackerdave

The Block Party

I guess you never get too old to learn. You try to be a good host and invite all the neighbors to your Block Party and soon, it is a complete disaster!! I was warned. Several friends said the Squirrels would crash the event hosted by the Captain’s Cafe, but I had no idea!!!
View attachment 1079129
View attachment 1079130
View attachment 1079131
View attachment 1079132
View attachment 1079133
View attachment 1079134
View attachment 1079135
View attachment 1079136

Well, maybe there was a silver lining even in this story. Before the 25 lb. block was completely gone, I cut it in half. I dropped my chunk off our dock in hopes of chumming up a Carp in the crooked creek that runs in front of our house. The next day I had a Proper Pulldown and brought this fine lady to the net!

View attachment 1079137

But the question remains. Was it the chum or was it the fat juicy Nightcrawler that finally made a party out of this otherwise dead event?
Looks like she's got a gut full of something....chum,maybe?

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Squirrels can be down right destructive if they can’t get to food easily. I store bird seed and dog feed in metal trash cans inside my garage. Anywhere else the squirrels will get into it and make a mess.