The Clover Is Thriving

rshunter

Mine went from lush green to Brown/Tan and a little green after those hard freeze days. All those brown leaves used to be real pretty. Think it will recover?

Attachments

• 20230102_142227.jpg
    20230102_142227.jpg
    639.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230102_142223.jpg
    20230102_142223.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230102_142420.jpg
    20230102_142420.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 26

Ihunt

Clover survives in Wisconsin. I’m pretty sure it’ll be just fine down here.

lildorris00

My radishes froze up during the cold weather but my oats and especially clover seemed to have pushed through and this wet warmer weather has them looking a lot better

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Some leaves were burned, but it is bouncing back!

Attachments

• Orchard 1-6-2023.jpg
    Orchard 1-6-2023.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 11

rshunter

Bought a 25 lb bag of Durana today with thoughts of overseeding the plot above in post #27. Frost seeding possible when you do not have bare ground? As expensive as that stuff is, I don't want to waste it if it's not going to take because its not getting through to the soil. Any suggestions on the best way to sow given the exiting ground cover?

davidhelmly

Bought a 25 lb bag of Durana today with thoughts of overseeding the plot above in post #27. Frost seeding possible when you do not have bare ground? As expensive as that stuff is, I don't want to waste it if it's not going to take because its not getting through to the soil. Any suggestions on the best way to sow given the exiting ground cover?
It is possible if you can get the seed to the ground, do you have a cultipacker that you can run over it after you spread the seed?

rshunter

It is possible if you can get the seed to the ground, do you have a cultipacker that you can run over it after you spread the seed?
Have a homemade one. I put out a 25 lb bag on two acres. Maybe overseeding will help my chances. Had to start cutting up downed and snapped trees from the storms that rolled through. Must have lost a hundred or more nice pines. Its a mess. of course not a single sweet gum was hurt. I swear those things and cockroaches are the only thing that will survive a nuclear attack.

davidhelmly

Have a homemade one. I put out a 25 lb bag on two acres. Maybe overseeding will help my chances. Had to start cutting up downed and snapped trees from the storms that rolled through. Must have lost a hundred or more nice pines. Its a mess. of course not a single sweet gum was hurt. I swear those things and cockroaches are the only thing that will survive a nuclear attack.
I agree about the sweet gums!!