The enChanted time is here...

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
More accurately we are in chants' time. Actually we were several days late for this haul when we picked them Saturday as the majority were past prime. Depicted is my share after Floyd took about a quarter of the haul. In years past we'd get our weather info from the iweather.com net rain map which gave accurate rainfall for a 3, 2, or 1 day period updated every 4 hours. We could accurately zoom in on road intersections for rainfall on that spot. Just recently, the map doesn't allow much zooming in. We were able to knock sand and other debris from the mushrooms with Floyd's shop compressed air hose set at about 25 psi. Very little of the mushrooms were lost. I still washed them, but didn't notice sand on them during the wash. Now is the time to get out there and look in south Ga. Gil

Attachments

• PXL_20230612_111121652.jpg
    PXL_20230612_111121652.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 21

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
So we still got time up here north of the Atl? I’ve been waiting on some rain and we are finally getting some. I keep checking a spot on Allatoona close to the shore, but it’s been super dry. I found a bunch of those black trumpets there last year, but I was too late for them.
I only know of one spot I found a good number of Chants in the past. It’s definitely time for a walkabout!

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Need a good soaking rain here for the chants to make a showing. Still mighty dry.