The finished product!! (jugs)

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Lookin` good Brandon. I do like the idea of paintin` the inside of the jugs. Lookin` forward to pics of the catch in the mornin`. Best of luck to ya`ll.

weagle

My only input would be to rig them all up with circle hooks. They are the bomb when it comes to jugs, trot lines and limb lines.

IFM0502_VVCircleHooks1.jpg

Here's an article on the science of the circle hook:

http://www.in-fisherman.com/magazine/articles/if0502_VVCircleHooks/

Arrow3

nicodemus said:
Lookin` good Brandon. I do like the idea of paintin` the inside of the jugs. Lookin` forward to pics of the catch in the mornin`. Best of luck to ya`ll.

Thanks Nic! :cool:

That is a good idea...Wished i had thought about it before I did all of mine...I hope we catch some good ones too...Im looking forward to the fellowship more then anything...Looks like the weather is finnaly gonna clear up for us...

gabowman

Arrow3 said:
Im gonna try to find some catalpa worms today...Have y'all seen any on trees this year??

I checked all the trees around my house and the neighbors. There arent any worms here yet. I can tell there has been a very small "first" crop but reckon the birds got 'em. Hope we're gonna have some....already had em by this time last year.

Arrow3

gabowman said:
I checked all the trees around my house and the neighbors. There arent any worms here yet. I can tell there has been a very small "first" crop but reckon the birds got 'em. Hope we're gonna have some....already had em by this time last year.

I looked at about 10 more trees this morning...One tree had a few eaten leaves on the ground but now worms on the tree...I guess the birds got these also...

GAGE

GONetwork Member
Good luck guys, We are setting mine again on Russell Saturday evening, I found the mother load of mullet at the Dekalb Farmers Market!:cool:

weagle

The circle hooks work great because unlike a traditional "J" hook, basically the fish hooks itself without the need to "set" the hook like you would if you were fishing with a rod and reel. You'll be suprised at how many more hookups you get on jugs and trotlines.

Weagle

Jody Hawk

weagle said:
The circle hooks work great because unlike a traditional "J" hook, basically the fish hooks itself without the need to "set" the hook like you would if you were fishing with a rod and reel. You'll be suprised at how many more hookups you get on jugs and trotlines.

Weagle

Thanks. I may try some and see how they do.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Good luck:cheers:

May be out tomorrow, one more time before I roll out to Ft Bragg:flag: