The Key to a Happy Marriage

gadeerwoman

A couple was celebrating their golden wedding anniversary on the beach in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Their domestic tranquility had long been the talk of the town. "What a peaceful & loving couple".
The local newspaper reporter was inquiring as to the secret of their long and happy marriage.

"Well, it dates back to our honeymoon in America," explained the man."We visited the Grand Canyon in Arizona and took a trip down to the bottom of the canyon by horse. We hadn't gone too far when my wife's horse stumbled and she almost fell off. My wife looked down at the horse and quietly said," That's once."

"We proceeded a little further and the horse stumbled again, this time causing her to drop her water. My wife quietly said to the horse, "That's twice."

We hadn't gone a half-mile more when the horse stumbled for a third time. My wife quietly removed a revolver from her purse and shot the horse dead.

I shouted at her, "What's wrong with you Woman! Why did you shoot the poor animal like that? Are you crazy??"

She looked at me, and quietly said, "That's once."

"And from that moment... we have lived happily ever after."

dutchman

While that story has a familiar ring to it, I believe I might have heard it differently the first time. :bounce:

Randy

Glad my wife can't count.

dixie

I know the feeling, after all these years, my wife, at last, said those words every hunter HATES to hear, , I"ll be so blankey- blank happy when deer seasons over!!!

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Oh no my wife can count.

Pop

If you spinless men would just step up and let her know you run things around the house it might be different. Like with me,my wife knows I run things and thats just the way it is. But I dont do it often enough to suite her.

The vaccum, the broom, the mop, the washer and dryer. Now how many of you men out there will admit it.

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Pop said:
If you spinless men would just step up and let her know you run things around the house it might be different. Like with me,my wife knows I run things and thats just the way it is. But I dont do it often enough to suite her.

The vaccum, the broom, the mop, the washer and dryer. Now how many of you men out there will admit it.
I'm glad you put that last part in since I know what Mrs. Pop's maiden name was. :bounce: :bounce:

Arrow3

Jessica can't shoot...:rofl:

Mrs. Arrow3

I am....Unlike some people I know, I am capable of doing more than one thing at a time! :whip:

DavidW

>>>>>>>>>>>

I took a day off work to stay home with my 10 year old son today. I told my wife we were going to do just what we wanted to, she said that was fine as long as the laundry was done and the house was clean. As you can tell I am still working on it so that maybe we can go out and play.
DavidW

Mrs. Bucky

In all honesty, What do you think is the key to a happy marriage?

Harvester

Mrs. Bucky said:

I can either be right or agree. If I'm right, she's not to happy. If I agree with her, all is good. Very rarely its both.

coon dawg

GONetwork Member

Mrs. Bucky said:
...........in all honesty.....2 things........total honesty and compromise :) .........but then, I'm twice divorced..... :)

Coastie

It has been said that the perfect union would be between a deaf man and a blind woman. I, for one, believe that might be true.