Weekend trip the the Bahamas: a few observations

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
First cruise attempt coming up in December. Taking Celebrity (have balcony room). My brother booked it, we have drink package and tips already paid. Not sure what to expect. Excited about seeing Grand Cayman and Cozumel though.
Make sure you go see the blue iguanas and mail a post card to yourself from "He double toothpicks" City on G.C.

Baroque Brass

First cruise attempt coming up in December. Taking Celebrity (have balcony room). My brother booked it, we have drink package and tips already paid. Not sure what to expect. Excited about seeing Grand Cayman and Cozumel though.
Grand Cayman and Cozumel are really nice, grand cayman is awesome. Wife wants to go back. They say with cruises you’ll either love it or hate it. I say it is what you make of it.

leroy

I’ve thought about those, they look good. I figure it’s mostly young and beautiful people there, we’re in our sixties, young and beautiful are far behind. Heck, I wasn’t beautiful when I was young.
We're not far behind yall, mid 50s, there were plenty of folks like us there.

tr21

Folks that have taken Alaska cruises say the crowd is much more mature and conduct themselves properly, and it’s usually no kids. An Alaska cruise is on my bucket list.
Thank God ! I hate the rowdy crowds and loud kids ! my brother and I are going on a Princess Alaska cruise in Sept. with some friends of ours. I was hoping that the over $5k price (not including the excursions) for the 2 of us would keep the walmart crew to a minimum.

ryork

We've done two cruises, won't be a third................................. I don't know if I would use the term "Wal-Mart" crowd but just way too many folks in a relatively small space and many that were just down right annoying, not rude per se though some were, just annoying. We ate at the same table each night with the same folks. I somehow ended next to this same woman each night who was there with her daughter. The first night she asked me if the elevator went to the front of the ship or the back. The night after we stopped at a small island to spend the day, she asked and I'm not joking "was that island completely surrounded by water"? I told her no it was actually a peninsula, she just said "Oh OK"............... And then there was the 80 yr old playboy with his 35-40 yr old new bride who just loved to do the macarena at the table. The waiters couldn't open wine bottles fast enough.

ryork

I had said if we were to do another traditional type cruise, it would the Alaskan deal. However, after we spent twelve days up there this June, I would never do a cruise if/when we go back. We rented a car and went where we wanted when we wanted and by ourselves and on two fishing trips. Wouldn't trade that for anything. We did do a 6 hr day cruise in Kenai Fjords National Park. The wife has talked about doing one of those European river cruises. I would probably do that cruise if I can convince myself to go to those European countries......

GT90

Viking river cruises. Small ships, mostly 50+ crowd, laid back, no smoking, and NO kids.