The mysterious brooding cover

herb mcclure

Having not been posting this Spring, doesn't mean I have not read to keep up with my fellow turkey hunting enthusiast. I, being an high mountain gobbler hunter during my years. which were many. I hope it would interesting to some others who do not hunt mainly above two thousand feet elevation, to see a different early succession habitat that is different. It stays a cooler, damper, habitat than were most forum readers do their hunting at.
Also, in my attached photos they show the result of of the 2021year's season ( camera's date information that year was not set right) and seasons pout's survival for that year (2022) on this mountain top. Then, the next photo shows results of the next year carried over of same native turkeys taken in the 2022 season before green up, with mating also starting to couriering before season. These mountain turkeys have always lived in this mountaintop environment that is above three thousand feet.

Attachments

• November on the Turkey Knob 054.jpg
    November on the Turkey Knob 054.jpg
    701.2 KB · Views: 29
  • PICT1122.JPG
    PICT1122.JPG
    867.8 KB · Views: 28

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Having not been posting this Spring, doesn't mean I have not read to keep up with my fellow turkey hunting enthusiast. I, being an high mountain gobbler hunter during my years. which were many. I hope it would interesting to some others who do not hunt mainly above two thousand feet elevation, to see a different early succession habitat that is different. It stays a cooler, damper, habitat than were most forum readers do their hunting at.
Also, in my attached photos they show the result of of the 2021year's season ( camera's date information that year was not set right) and seasons pout's survival for that year (2022) on this mountain top. Then, the next photo shows results of the next year carried over of same native turkeys taken in the 2022 season before green up, with mating also starting to couriering before season. These mountain turkeys have always lived in this mountaintop environment that is above three thousand feet.
Mountain birds are definitely different...

2K to 4K really makes a difference, especially with a good or poor mast year

Latest posts