The Wife’s Salmon

ryork

Braggin on the better half a little. We just got back, to TN so not quite home, from a trip to AK. We did a half day float trip down the Kalisof River. We were a tad early no matter, but according to all the folks up there this has been the coolest May and early June they’ve seen in a long time and the salmon runs haven’t really gotten going. It was a lot of fun non the less and the fishing was unlike anything we’ve done before. She ended up with a keeper sockeye for our only keeper of the trip. That got combined with approximately 40 lbs of halibut and cod filets caught the day before that are waiting on us when we get back to home base tomorrow. Interesting process taking the boat out. Pull up to this wooden “slide” at the waters edge. Hook up a winch that the guy who just took out attaches to his truck and pulls up the next guy and so on. Someone had moved our guides vehicle and trailer to the take out point while we were fishing.

8B6C80AD-FB8A-4272-AC7A-3041DFB6A3D0.jpeg88E15F5F-5AB8-4358-A08D-CA67F820B945.jpegAB5D3495-FB02-405E-A570-58640C167866.jpeg59F15C0B-ED88-435D-AAD0-7831C4A7B388.jpeg

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Braggin on the better half a little. We just got back, to TN so not quite home, from a trip to AK. We did a half day float trip down the Kalisof River. We were a tad early no matter, but according to all the folks up there this has been the coolest May and early June they’ve seen in a long time and the salmon runs haven’t really gotten going. It was a lot of fun non the less and the fishing was unlike anything we’ve done before. She ended up with a keeper sockeye for our only keeper of the trip. That got combined with approximately 40 lbs of halibut and cod filets caught the day before that are waiting on us when we get back to home base tomorrow. Interesting process taking the boat out. Pull up to this wooden “slide” at the waters edge. Hook up a winch that the guy who just took out attaches to his truck and pulls up the next guy and so on. Someone had moved our guides vehicle and trailer to the take out point while we were fishing.

View attachment 1233760View attachment 1233761View attachment 1233762View attachment 1233763
That ramp would be a major upgrade to the last one we used in Bama. :stir: Glad Y'all had a great trip.. you deserved it.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Yeah, that place is pretty crude to put it mildly…..
But worth it... fish were THERE! Next year we can hook up and you can back my "little" boat in there. ;)

ryork

But worth it... fish were THERE! Next year we can hook up and you can back my "little" boat in there. ;)

Oh, I like the place for sure. I’m back to seriously considering selling the center console and getting something designed more specifically for shallow rivers. Of course this would be at least the third time I’ve “seriously considered it”…….

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Oh, I like the place for sure. I’m back to seriously considering selling the center console and getting something designed more specifically for shallow rivers. Of course this would be at least the third time I’ve “seriously considered it”…….
Don't bother, I'll have a receiver on my truck this week and will be ready to travel with this.

Boat.png

It won't go as shallow as a duck boat, but will get us "most" places we need to go.

Worley

That looks and sounds like a special place to make some memories…