There’s a new 1911 on the block BUT

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
I love my RIA, I have the BBR 3.10. Not my first Rock either, I have never had trouble with any of the 15 or so I have had.

Is it a Clark, (I have owned 2 of those) no sir, but they all went bang every time I pulled the trigger!!!!!!

They are great entry level pistols either to learn on or build on.

I know @Dub Owns a bunch of highend1911, and he loves them. Ain't nothing wrong with that either, I have been down that road myself and still own a matched pair of Randall .45's a right and a left hand that I won't part with.

Dub

I've never been disappointed by RIA...or Palmetto State Armory, for that matter. Maybe a joint venture will go well.
My best shooting 10mm is a Rock. It is screaming at me for some range time....and it's gonna get it.... soon.

I will be working up some 10mm loads for it...as soon as I get solid on .38Super target loads. That caliber has my 1911 focus at the moment....in terms of handloading. .45acp is getting carried, with factory ammo. 9mm loads are coming along.....45acp & 10mm handloading coming next.

That Rock 10 is gonna get a steady diet.

Dub

Online my 10mm RIA. When I have some extra cash I want a 9mm version.

@Dub My RIA loves heavy doses of Blue Dot, CFE-P, and AA#7.

Yes sir (y) (y) (y)

3Yz6XB.gif

I seem to have all three of those powders along with some VVN105 & AA#9.

My goal plan is to work up some sizzling 180gr XTP hunting loads as well as some 180gr coated lead target loads that hit to same POI.

Gonna be fun.

I have a decent stock of .40 coated lead bullets...any that don't run well in the 1911s will be loaded in .40s&w brass and used in a wheelgun. I need some serious repetition of DA revolver shooting and a pile of .40s&w in a 10mm revolver will be useful.

Adam5

My friend that I load with has been loading 100 since it’s inception for his Colt Delta Elite Match 10. His pet load for a JHP is a 180gr XTP over 10.7 of Blue Dot.

I like a 155gr XTP over 12.6gr of Blue Dot or 9gr of CFE-P.

Dub

My friend that I load with has been loading 100 since it’s inception for his Colt Delta Elite Match 10. His pet load for a JHP is a 180gr XTP over 10.7 of Blue Dot.

I like a 155gr XTP over 12.6gr of Blue Dot or 9gr of CFE-P.

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Thank you for those dosages. Gonna get onto the 10mm fun soon.

GregoryB.

For my personal taste I wish they had left off the rail/slots on the bottom. If I am looking for something that goes bump in the night I will be carrying a shotgun.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

For my personal taste I wish they had left off the rail/slots on the bottom. If I am looking for something that goes bump in the night I will be carrying a shotgun.

Looks like they are offering them in different configs:

.45acp

51655160813_082223_1.jpeg

51655160811_082223_1.jpeg

10mm

51655160807_082223_1.jpeg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I might have to obtain me one of those.

Dub

Supposedly adding more models in the future too. Stainless versions and such.

I guess it depends on how deep their partnership with Armscor goes. I still haven't seen anything that confirms it is Armscor/RIA....but looking at the pics of the gun it appears to be an exact clone of the RIA models.

I've never heard anything but good about RIA customer service. I suppose the customer of these guns would be dealing directly with PSA on any issues.

The world of budget 1911's typically involves some type of trade off. You won't get American made guns with hand-fitted parts blended perfectly that are made of superior materials.

I suppose it is a matter of picking which tradeoffs you are comfortable with: cost...national origin....materials....fitting.....finishing....function....
warranty/reputation of maker, anticipated purpose & amount of use, future customization by a pro, etc.