PSA 1911 deals- Tisas and Ruger

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Family Firearms has got 'em, too for a few bucks less; not sure how shipping compares:

They are what they are...

killerv

Great little 1911 if you wanna scratch the itch. My buddy and I have bought a couple, I got the GI model, and they've been trouble free

Jim Boyd

Wow!

What a deal.

We were paying more than that for 1911’s that were 50 years old…. 30 years ago.

I don’t need one but that is a great deal.

Jim Boyd

Shame these great deal guns aren't made in America.

I don’t know the back story on them but if they work and they are $350 that is a deal.

Let’s please not start counting the things we routinely buy that are not made in America.

We can likely start with the phones in our hands or the PC we are using to read GON.

Not saying it is right, just stating the facts.

My Howa is not made in America (I don’t think) but I like it just fine.

Jim Boyd

I might could agree with that...but a 1911...o_O

Great point and made two ways

American

The 1911 is my first love as a pistol. My first one was made by Remington Rand (the sewing machine company, I think) in the 40’s.

It remains my favorite to this day.

Lilly001

The reality of current life is that “made in America” is as scarce as hen’s teeth in todays global economy.
Any manufacturer that tries to produce such a product is playing against a stacked deck.

Jim Boyd

The reality of current life is that “made in America” is as scarce as hen’s teeth in todays global economy.
Any manufacturer that tries to produce such a product is playing against a stacked deck.

And while we all like to wave the American flag, generally we are not as dedicated to made in USA and we like to portray.

Think Zeiss, Vortex, Toyota, Kubota, Yamaha, Honda, on and on.

Even if assembled in USA - make no mistake, most are foreign.

Jester896

Senior Clown
it can have a made in USA label on it with a small percentage of it actually being made here

Dub

It would be a very, very difficult task to carve out all the foreign made consumables from my house.....cellphone & other electronics included.

When shopping for a 1911, however, it is easy to do. :flag:

I suppose I'll get on my hypocritical soapbox and feel good about the 1911, at least.

It's not much....but it's a hill I'll die on.

Now.....I'm heading to the kitchen to fire up my foriegn made coffee machine to brew up a pot of liquid gold after first grinding the righteous beans that were grown in foreign soil.

Conflicted way of going things.....it ain't purty, but it's how I roll. :bounce:

EDIT:
Adding Explicit pic of my first cup for the benefit of @flynlow IMG_0418.jpeg

Last edited:

killerv

That uaw strike shows what’s in store for America
Yep, wonder where those workers are gonna work when America decides 100k for a 1/2 ton pickup truck is too much. All this is going to do is drive up prices on an already pinched consumer base. They'll be looking at foreign options. Buddy just left Ford and bought his first Toyota

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
And while we all like to wave the American flag, generally we are not as dedicated to made in USA and we like to portray.

Think Zeiss, Vortex, Toyota, Kubota, Yamaha, Honda, on and on.

Even if assembled in USA - make no mistake, most are foreign.
Toyota and Nissan are much more American made than Ford or Chevy nowadays. There is nothing much mechanical left that is made down to the last part in the US.

Jim Boyd

It would be a very, very difficult task to carve out all the foreign made consumables from my house.....cellphone & other electronics included.

When shopping for a 1911, however, it is easy to do. :flag:

I suppose I'll get on my hypocritical soapbox and feel good about the 1911, at least.

It's not much....but it's a hill I'll die on.

Now.....I'm heading to the kitchen to fire up my foriegn made coffee machine to brew up a pot of liquid gold after first grinding the righteous beans that were grown in foreign soil.

Conflicted way of going things.....it ain't purty, but it's how I roll. :bounce:

EDIT:
Adding Explicit pic of my first cup for the benefit of @flynlow View attachment 1257431

I like the way you think…. And the way you roll!

Reactions: Dub