This would put a damper on vacation

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
I unknowingly flew from ATL -> Kallispell MT with ammo in my carry-on. They didn’t notice in ATL. However they did notice in Kallispell for my return flight. It was a single 22lr down in the bottom of a duffel bag under the liner.. Those folks in Kallispell don’t miss much

BeerThirty

I worry about this because my range bag also serves as my carry-on bag when I travel. I always try to reach down in and feel for loose rounds as I don't need TSA ruining my day!

flynlow

Student at the Hard Knock School of Aerodynamics
Saw that. Darn shame this man's life and his family with small kids have to go through this over 4 rounds of ammo. I get it that's the law blah blah blah. I could understand it more if he had a gun too but with no way to fire those rounds what do they think they will gain from this other than make an example out of another dumb American.

Oldstick

Years back when I flew fairly often, I carried a mini-sized Bic lighter wedged down into rubber bottom of my laptop computer bag so I could take a quick smoke outside the airport after arriving. It wasn't spotted for a surprising number of trips until one day, coming home from LAX, an alert X-Ray operator searched and discarded it.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I worry about this because my range bag also serves as my carry-on bag when I travel. I always try to reach down in and feel for loose rounds as I don't need TSA ruining my day!
You may want to invest in a new bag if you plan on traveling to Turks and Caicos.

Lilly001

If I were going to fly (not likely) and if I were going to another country (even less likely) I would be so paranoid that my luggage would be sanitized, checked, and double checked before the trip.

Tight Lines

I can cross T&C off my list of vacation spots to try...all of those islands have smugglers, all of them, and they are biting the hand that feeds them...

I had a buck mini-tool that I had forever and ever in my fly fishing chest pack. Little bitty thing. It went all over the world, until getting caught in SLC coming home from a fly fishing trip...the little blade on it could not have been an inch long...but, it's gone...

Last edited:

Tight Lines

And I never, ever mix my travel bags with any hunting or range bags...never ever ever for this very reason...too many pockets, too much to keep track of...

trkyhnt89

I was held in a small concrete holding room for 45 minutes in that airport because of a havalon skinning knife in my checked baggage. Had to emphasize multiple times I was on a fishing trip….. they can keep the knife….. one of my first experiences with “foreign police”. Had three different people come in to question me.

Redbow

Turks and Caicos are under British rule so I have read. One place I would not go and not surprising that this man is in deep trouble for having ammo in his travel bag.