Three 4 or 5 QBs on roster…..

brownceluse

I think Kirby knew a little more than we did. Also, of the players are mad because Beck is the best and the locker room ain’t happy. Well I guess the locker room can settle down now. Chances are one of the 5 stars will transfer at some point. It’s just the way it is at the QB position. But right now Beck is third best as of today. He’ll have his chance to win the job after this season. JT and Bennett will both be gone. So the chances of him transferring right now are slim to none. Go Dawgs!

jrickman

Anyone suggesting that Beck is a better QB than Bennett after today is just a stubborn fool who can't get over the idea that a QB has to be over 6 feet tall to succeed. He probably will be better than Bennett at some point in the future, but today it looked like a competition between Aaron Murray as a senior and a high school kid.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
But right now Beck is third best as of today. He’ll have his chance to win the job after this season. JT and Bennett will both be gone. So the chances of him transferring right now are slim to none. Go Dawgs!

And that would put Vandergriff at #2, 1 play away from #1. Don't really think either goes anywhere.

jrickman

And that would put Vandergriff at #2, 1 play away from #1. Don't really think either goes anywhere.

I don't see Beck beating out Vandagriff for the job next year unless he can lock himself in as the heir apparent this year in some mop up time. I think Beck knows this and will press too much when he gets opportunities. Vandagriff is a Trevor Lawrence level talent and will win the job outright once he understands the system. Write it down and tell your friends. If I'm wrong, I'll swallow the blackbird. I ain't skeered.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
Anyone suggesting that Beck is a better QB than Bennett after today is just a stubborn fool who can't get over the idea that a QB has to be over 6 feet tall to succeed. He probably will be better than Bennett at some point in the future, but today it looked like a competition between Aaron Murray as a senior and a high school kid.
It's not who's better but Stetson ain't going to the NFL and the starting QB for next year needs Game time experience whether it's Beck or Vandagriff!

The next thing you know Kirby will bring in a transfer with experience!

Stetson has proved when the big game is on the line he chokes!

brownceluse

Let’s just hope JT gets healthy and stays healthy. Our schedule is about as favorable as we’ve had. Aubarn and the Lizards will be the two greatest test we have all year. The Lizards are always a handful so anything can happen. Beck will get time in clean up duty this season. Bennett probably won’t see the field again unless JT can’t start. Kirby their decision to start Bennett was because of all the youth on the offense will all the injuries and they felt like Bennett could help because he knows the system and had game experience. He also respected UAB and knew they were going to play us.

TinKnocker

Let’s just hope JT gets healthy and stays healthy. Our schedule is about as favorable as we’ve had. Aubarn and the Lizards will be the two greatest test we have all year. The Lizards are always a handful so anything can happen. Beck will get time in clean up duty this season. Bennett probably won’t see the field again unless JT can’t start. Kirby their decision to start Bennett was because of all the youth on the offense will all the injuries and they felt like Bennett could help because he knows the system and had game experience. He also respected UAB and knew they were going to play us.
I don’t buy Kirbys “he knows the system” garbage. Beck has been practicing under Monken just as much as Bennet.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Some of y’all sure get in a tizzy about things. It was UAB….

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
And there’s reports Kirby will start Stetson. ??‍♂️

If this really happens, Kirby is a fool and learned nothing from the Eason, Fromm, Fields situation.

I wouldn’t blame Beck if he was in the transfer portal by NOON!

I’m going to trust the coaching staff and Smart to make the best decision.

brownceluse

I don’t buy Kirbys “he knows the system” garbage. Beck has been practicing under Monken just as much as Bennet.
Actually Bennett should be a little further along. Beck came in the spring. Bennett would’ve had a year on Beck with the system

BamaGeorgialine

It's not who's better but Stetson ain't going to the NFL and the starting QB for next year needs Game time experience whether it's Beck or Vandagriff!

The next thing you know Kirby will bring in a transfer with experience!

Stetson has proved when the big game is on the line he chokes!
I see a theme. Last year Bennett was the savior until he faced some really good teams. Then he sucked. Dawgs played UAB and he's the next best quarterback again. He'll suck again this year against really good teams. I totally agree with you. You aren't losing to UAB regardless. Throw Beck in there and let him take his lumps. Last year Bryce Young came in every time Mac Jones sat during blowouts and would have started had Mac been out. As a freshman. If Beck isn't as prepared as he should be as far as knowing the playbook then that's coaching. Like Slayer said, it's UAB

MCBUCK

Post game Beck opinion:

A couple of things. He looks frail for one. He just doesn’t look durable.
That kid had a deer in the headlights look in his eye, and he should not have. Some may say confidence is gained in game play, but leaders and the comitted have that from the get go. Moxie; he doesn’t have any. After the interception, he doesn’t have his heart in the game to be a DGD, and at this level you either HAVE to be a “next level” type player or be willing to put some blood in the game; Beck completely gave up as soon as that ball hit that white jersey...and everyone saw he wasn’t willing to put skin into the game. He may be more athletic than Bennett and have way more upside but Stetson Bennet has fire coming out of his ear holes and his heart beats “glory glory” Now that may sound dramatic but the bottom line is, do you want someone playing the position that has the skills but not the desire, or do you want someone playing the position that has his heart in his hand? Bennet isn’t the better athlete by any means, be he is a better quarterback than Carson Beck.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Beck looked like he was playing with the transfer portal on his mind yesterday. Beck and the rest of the young guns will get more opportunities. Kirby gave them a taste yesterday, more will come as the season progresses. If anyone of them want to transfer, let them go. If you don't want to stick around and battle for the the job, then leave. Having all those guys competing together will only make each of them better. I trust King Kirby and the Monk know what they're doing. Let's all just relax and enjoy being 2-0 right now.

GO DAWGS!