Ticks = Bad

bluemarlin

I've hit my turkey clothes w permethrin and found a new product on the shelves called Repel Tick Defense that's been impressive but still pull a tick or 2 off me a week. I do a tick check every night and always heard that you should be ok if the little vampires aren't on you more than 24 hours.
I have family and friends that deal with Lyme disease and it's not pretty but check out the article on Alpha Gal Disease... https://www.carolinasportsman.com/h...infects-rock-hill-man-with-alpha-gal-disease/

Alpha Gal disease has no cure and acquiring an allergic reaction to meat would be as bad as it could get in my world.

tad1

A buddy of mine developed red meat allergy from tick bite. Serious meat and potato guy too. Ticks bad bad news.
JT

You can get acupuncture to help. 3 little needles in your ear.

Ray357

AWOL
I've hit my turkey clothes w permethrin and found a new product on the shelves called Repel Tick Defense that's been impressive but still pull a tick or 2 off me a week. I do a tick check every night and always heard that you should be ok if the little vampires aren't on you more than 24 hours.
I have family and friends that deal with Lyme disease and it's not pretty but check out the article on Alpha Gal Disease... https://www.carolinasportsman.com/h...infects-rock-hill-man-with-alpha-gal-disease/

Alpha Gal disease has no cure and acquiring an allergic reaction to meat would be as bad as it could get in my world.
I had Rocky Mountain spotted fever. Not too fun.

gregg

I've had Alpha-Gal for approx 25 years, got it before there was any info about it. I realized what it was 10-15 years ago via a random Google search, read an article from a doctor who had it and figured out what it was. For me it has not been a big deal, just haven't had mammal meat during that time period. I did have some bad allergic reactions 2-3 times before realizing what was causing it. I actually have accidentally had small portions of "red meat" over the years without having reactions, they say the severity wears off over time, but I don't dare test that theory as the reactions I had were pretty scary. I do use Permethrin as I really don't want another dose of it.

The treatment is called Soliman's Auricular Allergy Treatment. Acupuncturists, like Debi Farley, say their patients are reporting symptoms of alpha-gal are going away after one treatment. Farley uses an instrument to locate a single pinpoint spot within the ear that correlates with the liver.Nov

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
The treatment is called Soliman's Auricular Allergy Treatment. Acupuncturists, like Debi Farley, say their patients are reporting symptoms of alpha-gal are going away after one treatment. Farley uses an instrument to locate a single pinpoint spot within the ear that correlates with the liver.Nov

That’s crazy! But I won’t doubt it. I did laundry the other day followed by a good dose of permethrin.......my concentrate bottle is about gone so I’ll be reordering soon.
918000D7-2BD2-4F54-9840-0F8BB87FC878.jpeg