Tin foil catfish

Redbeardless

I was following the thread on crappie nibbles and read where catfish were hitting jigs with slab sauce on them. Rather than hijack the thread on crappie nibbles, thought I would see if anyone had any thoughts on this.
Several years ago, while working in the Memphis area, one of my subcontractors told me about running trotlines in some of the larger creeks where they emptied into the Mississippi River. He said that they were taking aluminum foil and mashing it around some of the hooks and flattening it out so that it would flutter in the current. They were killing the bluecats, some of which were pretty large. He said that the foil would flutter and spin in the water, looking like a shad or minnow. I wonder how it would work with a little slab sauce on a noodle jug?

seachaser

Never heard about that before but makes perfect sense. I have taken old cd’s and put several on a line then hung it over the side of my boat in saltwater and it would bring the amberjacks up off the wreck to see what they were. I will add that was when i was younger and thought catching them was fun not the work I consider them now.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I know as soon as I stop using the Sauce the catfish bite really slowed. I think it works better on catfish than crappie.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I know as soon as I stop using the Sauce the catfish bite really slowed. I think it works better on catfish than crappie.
Come summertime I am gonna put some "slab" sauce on a pink and fish it. Gonna put out a regular pink along side it and see what happens...call it an experiment

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I did a test by spraying half my jigs with the sauce and none on the other half. 90% of the catfish I caught were off the jigs with the sauce.

LTZ25

Makes a lot of since to me . I fish a lot in my neighbor pond for bass and had to stop using the Gulp worms because the catfish would not leave the alone , it was the sent .

Redbeardless

I fished a bass tournament several years ago on Eufaula and thought I had the winning secret bait. Gulp worms!!! Too bad it wasn't a catfish tournament!!! I think we caught three bass and loaded a cooler with channel cats. We ate good though!!!