TN Mountain buck

rutnbuk

That's really neat. Great Buck. I shot one a few years back when my dad had a place in Walland, TN. It was probably about that size- I just remember when I got to the cooler everyone had spikes and 4 pointers laying there and they thought my deer was a monster- I was like really- ok- yep I am an expert hunter from GA- lol. I didn't realize in that area it was kind of an uncommon buck. Thanks for sharing.

bshurette56

That's really neat. Great Buck. I shot one a few years back when my dad had a place in Walland, TN. It was probably about that size- I just remember when I got to the cooler everyone had spikes and 4 pointers laying there and they thought my deer was a monster- I was like really- ok- yep I am an expert hunter from GA- lol. I didn't realize in that area it was kind of an uncommon buck. Thanks for sharing.

There are some studs in east Tennessee problem is a lot of guys will shoot whatever they see. More hunters than land and no antler restrictions on either of the 2 buck limit. Great deer by the way.

Back40hunter

Great buck. Congrats. Would that be Cherokee National Forest where you hunt?

Timberjack86

Yes it's the Cherokee National Forest. Thanks everyone I'm pretty proud of this buck. I found his rub line from last year bear hunting, came back 2 weeks before the hunt and found 2 fresh rubs. He came in 30 minutes after sunrise. Love it when a plan comes together.

bshurette56

My buddy did the same exact thing while hog hunting. Got deep to get the dogs, found a fresh rub line and hunted it the following year and killed a good buck. Good hunting up there for a mountain buck just got to put in a little work.

Timberjack86

I didn't measure his beams, he's at the taxidermist. I was so blown away I was thinking he was an 8 point till my wife said that's a good 7 point lol, here's a picture of me and my daughter holding him up

Attachments

• IMG_20191116_103932579~2.jpg
    IMG_20191116_103932579~2.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 29