To all of you who didn't know

adarby84

:stir:

The Swap and Sell forums were established as an added benefit of this site so that private individuals who are contributing forum members may engage in buying, selling and swapping of personal items. Contributing members are defined as those that are active in more than just the Swap and Sell forums. If you are a business selling inventory please use the Member Services forums.

NOTE: Any member found to be suspect (per management) of trying to use the Swap and Sell forums as a means to operate a business, licensed or not, may be banned without notice or recourse per the opening paragraph of the Forum's Rules and Guidelines:

"Woody's Campfire Talk of Georgia Outdoor News Forums, hereinafter The Forum, is a private Forum. Membership in the Forum is a privilege granted solely and exclusively by the Forum. Privileges may be terminated at any time at the sole discretion of the Forum and without notice."

THE MINIMUM AGE FOR SELLING OR TRADING FIREARMS IS 18 AND 21 FOR HANDGUNS.

Rules:

#1 - Thread authors are the only ones allowed to post in their threads. Each Swap and Sell listing must contain the details of the item for sale as well as a price. All correspondence regarding interest in an item can be handled via PM's, emails, or by telephone if the seller/trader wants to include a contact number.

#2 - There is 5 day re-post rule so make sure you honor this rule or you may find your thread deleted completely and you have been issued a rule violation infraction.

#3 - When your item has been sold or taken off the market make an additional post in your thread stating so to notify members the item is SOLD or No Longer Available (NLA). Once done CLOSE the thread (see instructions below on how to close your threads).

#4 - Spaming the forums with a multitude of items is prohibited. Please limit your threads to sale or trade of items to a maximum of five (5) per day for all categories of Swap and Sell forums.

#5 - All items or lots of items must include a price unless it is an OUTRIGHT trade. If it is a trade, specify what you want to trade for. Any for sale thread containing an item without a price may be deleted without prior warning and without further explanation. Feel free to add "OBO" or "negotiable" to your listed price.

#6 - ONLY ONE forum category for your thread for a given item(s). Please select the most appropriate forum category for your ad. Posting a link to your S & S thread in other forums is not permitted. If you you post in the wrong forum send a moderator a PM asking for it to be moved to the proper forum.

#7 - If you have comments about a seller or his/her items use the iTrader Feedback feature, PM's, or emails and DO NOT do so on the open forums.

We currently allow ads in four other forums outside of the Swap and Sell forums where members can swap and sell items related to those specific forums. Those forums are:
(1) Gun Dogs and Pets and Animals for Free or for Sale
(2) Turkey Talk and Custom Turkey Calls
(3) Traditional Archery
(4) Hobbies, Crafts and HomeBrew Discussions
Note: If trading in any of these four forums both the item(s) for trade and the item(s) sought must be specific to the forum your ad is placed in.

what gives with the WTB adds in For sale section:huh:
Just sayin guys:whip:

here come the mods gotta ::gone:

wildmantaz

The WTB ads do clutter the Firearms Sell & Trade Forum.

Most who post the WTB ads in S&S say that members don't read the WTB Forum but I recently posted a list of items I was looking for, I was notified the next day that a member had one of the items and I am buying it now.

At one time the WTB ads in S&S were moved by the to the WTB Forum.

Another thing is the non firearm related items being posted in the Firearms S&S for trade for firearms.

I have noticed most of these types of posts are by our newer members.

I think there got to be so many and the Mods have a lot to police on the forum that things were relaxe

If all the members would read and follow the rules it would make things better for their fellow members and eaiser on the MODS.

IMHO

bearpugh

Gone but not forgotten
read in a thread here that they are allowing wtb's again. thats why so many including mine.

bearpugh

Gone but not forgotten
guess you forgot to read this part of the rules.

The rules are not open for discussion on the open forums. If you have issues or concerns or questions about a rule feel free to PM a mod or admin and as always your concerns or suggestions will be taken into consideration. Do not use the open forum to "call out" a mod or admin for implementation of the rules.

:huh:

Ga Sportsman

Has this dead horse not been beaten enough? Getting a little old. If you guys are having so many problems w/ the S&S, then don't look there. I'll continue to shop there and just laugh at the $600 Glocks. Every now and then, I'll see a deal.....Unfortunately, I don't have the money to capitalize on said deal......That's my only complaint w/ the S&S, that I don't have enough money to get some things I see I want.

adarby84

I agree it is an old subject. Thanks to the mods for reviving this post and I will make sure to keep all things polite and within the scope of the rules. The S&S is a wonderful feature and I have gotten good deals on there myself, however as the rules state there are sub-forums. These are here for a reason and that is to limit clutter. Peoples posts are getting bumped down and are getting pushed to the wayside which is counter productive to everyone. I agree with your statement I too laugh at the overpriced items and continue to look elsewhere. However when you have a member that has been here for 5 months with 300 posts and all are in S&S, that is not a contributing member that is someone using this excellent source of information strictly for personal gain. More power to them if done properly if done incorrectly then they should be warned or further if said warnings are ignored. Now off my soap box. Thanks again to the mods you know who you are. And merry christmas!

Ga Sportsman

I agree it is an old subject. Thanks to the mods for reviving this post and I will make sure to keep all things polite and within the scope of the rules. The S&S is a wonderful feature and I have gotten good deals on there myself, however as the rules state there are sub-forums. These are here for a reason and that is to limit clutter. Peoples posts are getting bumped down and are getting pushed to the wayside which is counter productive to everyone. I agree with your statement I too laugh at the overpriced items and continue to look elsewhere. However when you have a member that has been here for 5 months with 300 posts and all are in S&S, that is not a contributing member that is someone using this excellent source of information strictly for personal gain. More power to them if done properly if done incorrectly then they should be warned or further if said warnings are ignored. Now off my soap box. Thanks again to the mods you know who you are. And merry christmas!

I agree about the S&S members only.....but I have no right to boot them. My favorites are the ones that post the same item for sale every day till it sells.....If you look at their join dates, they are always less than a month old. WTB's don't bother me that much.....Moreso the frequent reposters.

Swede

What about the stolen items for sale?:huh:

::ke:

bearpugh

Gone but not forgotten
just went to walmart and bought a 10/22 for 180.00. will sell here for 300.00

Ga Sportsman

how bout a trade. my trade value is 500.

OOOOHHHHH.....Getting close to the value of MY Glock....I'll have to leave the factory box out of the deal for that little though.

bearpugh

Gone but not forgotten
sounds good , lets set up a meet and i won't be there.:bounce:

Ga Sportsman

Man, sorry it took so long to get back to you Bear.....I was cruising around the site posting in some other places to throw off the trail to the mods so I won't get in trouble for being a dealer.

Sounds good on the not meeting.....Where you got in mind. Also, hope you don't mind, but my $600 Glock does have SLIGHT holster wear. I colored it back in w/ a Sharpie marker, but only had a purple colored one. That's one reason it's worth so much.....Custom paint job.

Latest posts