Trackrock Hammer-in Fall Event

Anvil Head

As promised (sorry about the lateness of the posting).

Trackrock Hammer-in
Fall Event 2012
Notice: Open to all & no admission fees

Date: Weekend of Sept 28 – Sept 30

Directions: [COLOR="Blue"]WWW.TRACKROCK.COM[/COLOR]

Activities: Bladesmithing, Hawk forging, Leather Crafting, Forge Building, Anything Knife Related

Who: Anyone interested in knives, knife making, hawks, leather work, collecting, trading, etc. Watch, meet and talk with several talented bladesmiths, master leather craftsmen, collectors, etc.
See old discarded steel, scrap metal, wood and bone transformed into functional works of art.

General: Craftsmen from several states, finished knives on display, collections on display, etc.
Family oriented event, Behave! No unsafe or reckless behavior will be tolerated.

Saturday BBQ: Saturday lunch is catered on site at cost. You must RSVP by Sept 20th to partake in this lunch.

Additional: “Iron in the Hat” event Saturday to help fund event. Please bring usable item for this event. A chance to pick up valuable plunder - knifemaking materials, parts and pieces. Strictly voluntary, participation encouraged.

Knife Raffle: We are currently working on a custom knife to be raffled off at the next of Trackrock Hammer-in event. Funds will go toward the purchase of major equipment to be used at future events. The knife will be a collaboration piece by Wayne Hensley and myself (C-Rex).

Accommodations: Full hook-up & primitive camping available (check web site), Trackrock is an excellent campground and very well maintained. Several motels nearby Blairsville and Young Harris. Contact Trackrock Campground for further information at above website.

Please contact me if you wish to participate, or need further information about the event.
Email: [COLOR="blue"]crex68@yahoo.com[/COLOR]

Raffle Knife Info>Custom Knife Drawing - We raffle off one custom knife at each event, proceeds go toward purchase of larger equipment used at the events such as grinders, hydraulic presses, saws, and other shop equipment. These are high grade professional quality knives usually a collaboration between two or more of the professional knifemakers that attend and participate in the hammer-in event. One must be 18years old or accompanied by consenting parent or legal guardian to participate in this raffle. Tickets are $10/ea. with a reserve of 200 tickets sold. Meaning the winning ticket will only be drawn when 200 tickets are sold. You do not have to be present to win.
The raffle knife will be on display at the event. This event's knife is a collaboration between Wayne Hensley and myself. It is a Katana (Japanese) style knife with 11" blade, highly figured hardwood handle with the traditional silk cord wrap, and matching wood scabbard. The value of the completed knife will be in the neighborhood of $1500 to $1700. Sorry no pictures yet.....but this will be a very fine collector's knife.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance or if you need

C-Rex Custom Knives

Last edited:

jbrooker

Carl,

I don't believe anyone can partake in the lunch since March 20th is already past. However if there is a chance to RSVP then sign me up.

Thanks,

jbrooker

MoblMec

Hi Carl
Count my son my wife and myself in as we had a great time last year.
Last year my son got to pound out a knife and I had to watch. This year I would realy realy realy like to pound something myself in fact I have been gathering up some rasps, RRspikes and o1 steel,
And i will bring my own bottle of propaine. What do you think???
Tim
MoblMec

RedRyder

I left my camper at Trackrock and already reserved my spot for it. Count me and my son in. Guy and Gays Trackrock is one of the greatest and Carl is a pretty nice fellar also.

arcame

we will be there with. really lookin forward to it.

Anvil Head

Sorry about the RSVP date.....cut 'n paste ain't all it's cracked up to be.
Folks, I need to know by the 20th of September

(now I have to go hunt down all my other notice postings.....eeeeerrrrrgggghhhh!)

Anvil Head

Tim......I thinks a lot of things when it don't hurt. I make no promises on forge time for adults and on Saturday all bets are off.
In all honesty, you'll do better negotiating with one of the other regulars. My time is never my own up there.

Anvil Head

I can probably talk Anthony into making up some corn bread to compliment your most tasty and delightful chili.