Trail Camera Repair?

SWAMPFOX

Does anyone here have a reliable source that repairs trail cams? I have about 4 different Moultrie brand cameras that I'd like to get repaired. Or is that even feasible? Moultrie doesn't offer any repair.
Thanks

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Overall you would be wasting your time on cheap Chinese cameras. If it is something real simple loose wire on a battery etc. you might could repair em. At the price of em these days you would be better off chunking them on the garbage.i have built my own trail cameras for many years and it just isn’t worth the hassle or time to fool with something that will ultimately fail again. Just a matter of when

Last edited:

transfixer

I've not heard of anyone repairing them, I would imagine even if someone was doing it, the cost of repairs would approach or surpass the cost of a new one ? and yes, I believe virtually ALL of the trail cameras are made in China, regardless of brand

basshappy

BANNED
@SWAMPFOX do you know what is wrong with them?

I took one apart and found both wires had come unseated. I had a buddy solder them and back in business.

SWAMPFOX

I'm about to the point of buying the cheapest cams available and tossing them once they die. It seems that regardless of the price I pay, eventually in a few months they die. And yes, they are all made in China. I have never seen an American made trail cam.

HavocLover

I'm about to the point of buying the cheapest cams available and tossing them once they die. It seems that regardless of the price I pay, eventually in a few months they die. And yes, they are all made in China. I have never seen an American made trail cam.

I’ve been on the cheap train since trail cams came out. With the exception of my Reveals…. I just always buy the cheapest Moultrie’s I can find. I’ve always had decent luck out of them. But my theory is, being in the elements, seems the lifespan on any of them is 3-4 years. After that seems they start acting funky or crap out all together. Add in the possibility of getting stolen or whatever else and I’d just rather it sting a little than a lot.

SWAMPFOX

I have bought both the Moultrie M-990i (Gen 2) and the Moultrie A-990i. The M-990i was a excellent. I like the way it had a screen to aid in aiming. The A-990i was barely adequate and did not have the aiming feature. I would have been elated had they lasted 3 years.