2018-2022 expedition?

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I was talking to a salesman today about these year model expeditions and he wasn’t impressed. He stated they often had cam phaser, water pump and transmission problems. All of which are pricey to repair. Mrs. Fireman likes them as they have the most flat cargo room for her cake deliveries. Any experience from any of you with them? @transfixer

B. White

I was talking to a salesman today about these year model expeditions and he wasn’t impressed. He stated they often had cam phaser, water pump and transmission problems. All of which are pricey to repair. Mrs. Fireman likes them as they have the most flat cargo room for her cake deliveries. Any experience from any of you with them? @transfixer

I don't know anything about them, but my daughter got rear ended in December and totaled her vehicle. I was surprised at the low price they paid for a newer Explorer, considering what other used vehicles are going for. It is a good looking vehicle. They had it about a week before it needed the water pump replaced. They had a warranty to cover it, but had to borrow a ride from us for a few days.

transfixer

the 10spd transmissions do have issues, there is a drum inside that will give problems around 100k or possibly before, called the C,D,F drum , it was a bad design, an inner sleeve will move and cut off oil flow to a clutch pack, also the valvebody wears prematurely due to its constant shifting because of the multiple speeds, transmission rebuild runs between $5k-$6k,

the 3.5 engine has to work hard to move a heavy vehicle around, as a result the timing chain guides and tensions wear out prematurely, along with the turbos, not unusual to have to have either wear out at 100k or before

BowSniper

Our 2018 Expedition just had the transmission rebuilt over the holidays. Praising the Lord it was under warranty for us. The technician did tell us the 10 speed transmission is problematic like that.

BowSniper