Tribal burgers tonight......

Dub

Granted, I have a small tribe.

So....my work is easy.

I deviated from the normal smash burgers and went with my backup-plan burgers that make good tight patties and will hold together on any grate....anytime...anywhere. Worked out well on the smallish grill that was already outside....and it was raining and I didn't feel like fooling with setting up anything else for smash burgers.

Backup-plan burgers are simply two pounds of 75/25 ground with a packet of Lipton's Onion Soup Mix shaken into. Simple. Easy. Tasty as far as we are concerned.

That little Weber Smokey Joe is the best grill money I've ever spent. Loaded with some Kingsford blue bag I can bring back some real deal no kiddin' childhood memories to the table. Love the flavors.

Tossed some 1/2 strips of that most excellent Smithfield Cherrywood bacon into a small skillet for a proper burger topping. It was that, indeed...Proper ! Thanks to @NCHillbilly & @GA1dad for the tip on this stuff. I can't wait to make some Pig Candy out of a pack next time I fire up the smoker for ribs & such.

Usual suspects lined up for burger manufacturing.

Wife went first....

Teenage T-Rex went next.....

He kept it more simple on the first trip.....and again on the seconds.

Nothing better to my tribe than a good burger !!!!!!!!

Big7

The Oracle
Looks good as usual.

Weber is my all time favorite store bought.
If you can fit it on one, you can cook it!

ugajay

I need a good burger in my life. That all looks great, dub. Have you ever tried a couple slices of fried squash on a burger? It's out of this world good to me

Dub

Crazy as it sounds..........I skipped the burgers tonight. There's a couple leftover for whoever tomorrow.

I went with the leftover clam chowder.

Looks good as usual.

Weber is my all time favorite store bought.
If you can fit it on one, you can cook it!

Thank you.

Those Webers are easy to toss in the bed of pickup and take 'em on the road, too......especially the little 18" Jumbo Joe. I believe I may have called it by the wrong name earlier.

I need a good burger in my life. That all looks great, dub. Have you ever tried a couple slices of fried squash on a burger? It's out of this world good to me

Never had squash on a burger........but I can see where it'd be mighty good.

Thanks for the tip.

I tend to get back to using the same stuff on mine every time: cheese, bacon, tomato, red onion, mayo all on top.....and a small shot of BBQ sauce on the bottom.

Every now and again I'll do one with guacamole on top.

naildrvr

Lookin' mighty good. You just can't beat a charcoal grilled burger. The only thing I would change is the pickles, I prefer Claussen, but that's just me.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't get much better than that, Dub! :clap:

GA1dad

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

Reactions: Dub

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
I love a good burger, I mean I really do, but I can't cook over charcoal briquettes, they give me the worst indigestion. I cook mine over natural chunk charcoal or on the Blackstone.