Triple J Ranch

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
The op video's are just not my cup of tea.
I didn't even watch them, but just seeing the cover I know it's a book I've read a couple times.
I like wild deer and are proud of wild mature bucks regaurdless of how many inches of horn in whatever county and whatever state. If you kill a mature wild whitetail buck you get my congradulations!!!! If you pay to kill a trophy farm animal then whatever floats yer boat aint my d beezwax! but what eva floats yer boat....
These are vids of deer breeder auctions. Deer farms. Not to be confused with high fence deer hunting operations

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
These are vids of deer breeder auctions. Deer farms. Not to be confused with high fence deer hunting operations

Are these deer not the deer that go to the high fence deer hunting though?
Why else do they auction them?
Are these the deer farms where restaraunts buy venison from?
I'm slightly interested in learning more about it. Thanks!

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Are these deer not the deer that go to the high fence deer hunting though?
Why else do they auction them?
Are these the deer farms where restaraunts buy venison from?
I'm slightly interested in learning more about it. Thanks!
Research it. The particular videos are from an auction for high end whitetail breeders. Some of these deer may end up on hunting "ranchs" but what these guys are doing is more like what folks do breeding high end dogs. They sell some offspring to other breeders. One breeder buck sold for $27,000. There aren't to many clients out there paying that kind of money to kill a giant deer. I've been on a high fence hunt. It's nothing like Kieth warrens farm or the ones in the video

The Donk

They have a little running segment on what "fair chase"actually is and that's one of the biggest knocks on High fencers, that it is not fair to put up boundaries for the deer. Pretty sure these guys and a lot of High Fencers keep each other in business by supplying wealthy clients opportunity at 200-300 plus inch deer. I've seen some of the pricing and misjudging the score of a deer can be a several thousand dollar mistake. The final cost is based on the size of the rack and a 250 inch deer aint cheap.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Not true at all, but many have been taught to believe this lie.
All I can say is that I have done a lot of research on it, and that is the way the evidence points time and time again if you're not just too biased to see it. High-fence deer farming is a rich man's game, with lots of cronyism and political connections involved, and plenty of opportunity to have an attorney sicced on you if you come out and publish the honest truth.

So, what is your explanation? Which lie were you taught?

HabershamHunter85

If you have to hunt on a high fenced "hunt", your not a hunter. Just saying. You couldn't pay me to go to these ranches that have these genetically modified deer running around. When I kill a buck, I want to be proud knowing I put in the work and harvested a wild animal, not some buck that has been pampered and pretty much raised to be a target for a rich man to boost his ego. Like NChillbilly said, CWD has been linked to these deer farms in many cases.

Simply Googling the subject turns up tons of articles on links between farms and CWD.

Minnesota has gone from zero to 58 confirmed cases of CWD in wild deer in three years. While the origin of the largest outbreak, in Fillmore County, is not known, Minnesota's three other CWD outbreaks in wild deer have been linked by the Department of Natural Resources to infected deer farms. One, a hunting preserve and breeding facility in Crow Wing County, stayed in business for more than two years after the disease was discovered festering in its herd.
source: billinggazette.com

buckpasser

Some here may not believe me, but I’d honestly rather hunt and kill a wild spike buck than any high fence deer on the planet. The CWD is just the icing on the bad idea cake. Anyone arguing otherwise just doesn’t and won’t make sense to me, ever.

drewskyc

Some here may not believe me, but I’d honestly rather hunt and kill a wild spike buck than any high fence deer on the planet. The CWD is just the icing on the bad idea cake. Anyone arguing otherwise just doesn’t and won’t make sense to me, ever.
I think most hunters feel like this. Well said. There must be a few guys with a lot more money and less respect for hunting wild game than us out there.