True or False?

True or False?

• True

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • False

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

gordon 2

It's a pretty basic concept that has only come to light to me personally in the last year or so. I do feel it will come to light to others in the future. Each generation figures out a little more than the next. I used to think each new generation was losing knowledge more than our ancestors, that they were better Christians than my generation. Now I think each new generation perhaps might be better at understanding Jesus only salvation.
The basic concept is Jesus died for our sins. God calls, we accept. We do have the command to love and to be obedient. Hard as we might try we will never be righteous. We can never do it alone and thus why God sent his son. There is no reason to accept that Jesus died for our sins and immediately add requirements or works. One will never fulfill such requirements. If they could then they wouldn't have needed Jesus in the first place. One must repent or change his belief from works based salvation to Jesus only salvation. That is what true repentance is.
I believe some people who think they can save themselves by believing repentance means to quit sinning are following a "false" gospel and are thus "pseudo" Christians.
This is related to the OP as part of the OP is related to denominations who do say one must believe certain things such as the Trinity, Oneness, baptism, Jesus only baptism, confession, communion, and the list goes on. They are adding restrictions to the salvation of others.
By asking people to follow a strict set of beliefs one has added back to salvation what Jesus died for. Generations before me did this more than my generation. Generations after me will do this less than my generation. Some look at this in a negative light. I believe Jesus sees it in a postive light as people realize he died because they couldn't follow requirements.
I will end that I have no way of knowing an individual's salvation as that is between him and God and i'm not trying to offend anyone who does believe in following certain requirements such as baptism or a belief in Oneness.
One could say that my belief in Jesus only for salvation places me in the same boat as Jesus plus baptism or a Trinity belief requirement as viewing who is a Christian.
It's hard to say what is required or isn't without offending someone and that is one of my points.

Thank you for you explanation. Very interesting points. I shall think about your view for sometime before I respond. I do like the fact that you are forward looking. Awesome! :)

I might add this however, I have this book somewhere by a German scholar who states that according to his studies it takes three generations for unchurched "christian" folk to rub out christian values from their lives. His point is that the first generation was a church going family, next their children did not attend church and next their children's children did not attend. The 4th generation was basically pray to what ever works and they could not id christian values for other values.

Last edited: