Tupelo Honey

HughW2

What is up with Tupelo Honey prices? I know that Bidenomics and Covid have driven costs Up on everything.
Just realized my honey stash was depleted. Checked Smiley’s down in Weewahitcka, FL and they are getting $18 for a bottle of honey. That stuff is excellent, but dang! Where do y’all get your Tupelo? Hopefully @Nicodemus will chime in.

Last edited:

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
What is up with Tupelo Honey prices? I know that Bidenomics and Covid have driven costs Up on everything.
Just realized my honey stash was depleted. Checked Smiley’s down in Weewahitcka, FL and they are getting $18 for a bottle of honey. That stuff is excellent, but dang! Where do y’all get your Tupelo? Hopefully @Nicoedmus will chime in.
I have been a beekeeper and we still love to eat good honey. We usually buy by the gallon locally. You’re right prices are crazy high. Beekeepers are having rough times with diseases,insecticides, colonies dying out etc. I used to think that the $9 a quart I was getting for wildflower honey was pretty good. Things have really increased in price!

oldways

I have been a beekeeper and we still love to eat good honey. We usually buy by the gallon locally. You’re right prices are crazy high. Beekeepers are having rough times with diseases,insecticides, colonies dying out etc. I used to think that the $9 a quart I was getting for wildflower honey was pretty good. Things have really increased in price!
You are sure right i had five hives and it's a full time job looking after them. Hurricane Micheal put me out of the bee's and i haven't took time to get in to them again.. A lot of work everything loves honey.

tr21

we have almost 30 hives and the honey production in the south this year was about 1/2 of a normal year according to Bob Binnie at Blue Ridge Honey ! thats why it's so high this year. the honey flow just wasn't good this year

Duff

we have almost 30 hives and the honey production in the south this year was about 1/2 of a normal year according to Bob Binnie at Blue Ridge Honey ! thats why it's so high this year. the honey flow just wasn't good this year
We only have a couple of hives but ours was the same. About 1/2 as the year before

Latest posts