Ugly Humpday eats......tasty, though....

MOTS

Looks fine to me! No need to fight this wind and cold on the grills today. Soup and p/j sandwiches for us.

Reactions: Dub

naildrvr

Looks mighty good from here.

Dub

Thanks, folks.

The oil in the fryer should have been changed out prior to this cook. Some of the pieces came out overly dark.

It was a small chicken cut up......and placed in a ziplock bag with a whole bottle of zesty Italian dressing. In the fridge overnight.

I took the pieces out.....shook 'em off and then dusted in some breading mix and dropped it in the fryer.

Thermapen came in mighty handy so nothing was under/overcooked. My frying practice is rusty. :rofl:

It was just my son and I eating.

I was able to get a single wing......Teenage T-Rex ate the entire rest of the chicken....all of it.

We agreed the flavor was really good. I should have added a liberal dose of Crystal hot sauce to the bird, too.

I have heaps of leftover cabbage and carrots that will be eaten later on.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Carrots, cabbage & chicken.

Looked ugly but the flavor was there.

What's everyone cooking up this evening ??????

Does not look ugly to me!!!!!! Looks Great!!!!!!!

georgiadawgs44

That looks good Dub! We fixed a roast in the crock pot yesterday and had beef tips over rice. It was really good!

Attachments

• 20F260F3-F946-491B-B6A7-6BEC828DFF0F.jpeg
    20F260F3-F946-491B-B6A7-6BEC828DFF0F.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 26995928-E126-446C-993A-6AFFE5C744CD.jpeg
    26995928-E126-446C-993A-6AFFE5C744CD.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 11

Dub

Looks fine to me! No need to fight this wind and cold on the grills today. Soup and p/j sandwiches for us.

You called that one.

I'd had the yardbird soaking and it seemed like every time I went out to get the grill fired up the wind would whip around all over the place. Looked in the cabinet and spotted the breading mix.....took a gamble with the old oil and had at indoors. :)

I've got the ole Smokwagon fired up now with some hickory wood and part of tonights supper is in there.

It's much cooler this morning.....but no wind. Great day to grill.

Hornet22

ROMEO
Thanks, folks.

It was just my son and I eating.

I was able to get a single wing......Teenage T-Rex ate the entire rest of the chicken....all of it.

Dub, you gonna be in for a real surprise when T-Rex spreads those wings and is out on his own. Imma still trying to adjust how much we have to cook for just the two of us. When the boy was still home, there were not many, if any, leftovas, and if his friends stopped by, which was often, you can bet there were NOT any. :cheers:

Dub

Dub, you gonna be in for a real surprise when T-Rex spreads those wings and is out on his own. Imma still trying to adjust how much we have to cook for just the two of us. When the boy was still home, there were not many, if any, leftovas, and if his friends stopped by, which was often, you can bet there were NOT any. :cheers:

Yup......gonna be a hygoooge change.

One of the reasons that I'm so greatful for today's cook.