Unicoi Archery Venue " Outdoor Adventure Day at Unicoi State Park"

TNGIRL

Sorry, gotta bow out. The boys postponed Lacrosse game is Saturday am.

Yah Yah Yah...heard that one before!!!!!:rofl:::ke:::ke:

But seriously folks ...it's coming up fast, looks like our staff will be good BUT we can ALWAYS use more folks....these kids deserve our best efforts and I am proud of TBG and all we do individually and collectively! The weather promises to be splendid!!!! :biggrin3:

Jake Allen

Sorry, gotta bow out. The boys postponed Lacrosse game is Saturday am.

Hate you can;t make it Chris. You will be missed buddy.

We will be meeting between 8:30 and 9:00 to get set up.
The show starts at 10 am. We generally close about 12:30 for a while to eat lunch, the open back up until 4:00.

It is a good day and a good time. It is not too late to come. We can use about 2 or 3 more bodies to be fully staffed.
Any questions please pm me, or send a text, or even call.
Thank you
404-960-9115

Red Arrow

If anybody else can come up and help us tomorrow it sure would be appreciated. TBG has been doing this for many years and it really is a good day. Seeing those faces light up when they stick a target makes you feel good! The more hands we have the easier it is, allowing breaks and spreading the fun around. If you have kids you can bring them too and they can do some trout fishing. My boy caught several last year during this event. Come on out and thanks for everyones help.

Lee Camp
TBG Pres.

pine nut

Do not be bashful and thinking you can't contribute! it is really a fun time of fellowship as well as very gratifying helping some old or young KID learn to shoot a bow. You may go home tired, but you will go home smiling inside! Please come to help folks. Many hands make light work! This is a very worthwhile undertaking and leaves you with a good feeling.

pine nut

As Usual I had a good time there! It was good to see and work with old friends and new friends toward a good cause. I had one young father tell me, "This is a really great thing you guys are doing. Who knows whose life you may be affecting." I told him most of us were there to remember and honor those who took time to guide us when we were younger. It was pass it forward as "they" did for me. Tony Smith especially deserves our thanks for his dedication to our youth program. It isn't my place to thank everyone who showed up to help, and I am only doing it for myself, but thank you ...all of you for taking the time to help a kid or their parents or even "old" kids have a good experience for a day. Who knows, maybe even for a lifetime. Just think about the friends we all have now through the sport of archery and bow hunting that we did not know only a short time ago. What a blessing in my life!

Al33

I hope all of you that helped out didn't get too exhausted. One thing I have noticed over the years when I ask someone if they have ever shot a traditional bow is that if they have they never forget when and where it was they did it and they always mention how much fun it was. No doubt many will recall shooting a bow at this event for many years to come.

Red Arrow

I would like to thank all of ya'll that gave up your day to help out with this. TBG was well represented and we had a great group. I don't have any idea how many came through and shot, but it was sure a bunch. We also gave away one of the Comptons bow to a very nice young lady. She was 14 years old and did not have a bow at home. She came back time after time to shoot. She was thrilled to have a bow and be able to take it home. Comptons give us these bows for just this purpose, to give away to a young person who really show an interest in archery. It was a great moment. I think Tomi has a picture she'll probably post.

We will do this again next year. If you can work it in to your schedule we would love to have you. Thanks again for all the help. I appreciate it.

Lee

Latest posts