Unidentified Walking Object

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I looked at this photo and saw the yote which is a fair sized one for sure and the hair does look a little lacking to some degree.

I also see something else that appears to be a rabbit or squirrel that seems to be hiding close beside an oak tree...possibly until this yote gets much farther away. I really think that it is a rabbit based on the larger eyes and nose area.

I hope that you will take another look and enlarge the original photo and also the one that I have circled and see if you see what I see.

It is very easy to enlarge it on your screen by just holding down the "control key" while tapping on the "+" sign at the same time. To bring it back to the original size, just tap on the "-" key until it goes back to original size.

InkedYOTE 1646346377099_LI.jpg

bullgator

I looked at this photo and saw the yote which is a fair sized one for sure and the hair does look a little lacking to some degree.

I also see something else that appears to be a rabbit or squirrel that seems to be hiding close beside an oak tree...possibly until this yote gets much farther away. I really think that it is a rabbit based on the larger eyes and nose area.

I hope that you will take another look and enlarge the original photo and also the one that I have circled and see if you see what I see.

It is very easy to enlarge it on your screen by just holding down the "control key" while tapping on the "+" sign at the same time. To bring it back to the original size, just tap the "-" key until it goes back to original size.

View attachment 1139024
Kinda looks like the head of a dead spike.

GAHUNTER60

Eagle Eye,

I checked the area you circled against all my other photos from the same camera, and, low and behold, it is there in all my daylight photos. Here's an example:

1646762437760.jpeg

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
GaHunter,

I appreciate your update.

I saw where the time of the day was really early in the morning and that makes actual critters ever harder to see. Your photo made me want to be out in those woods as that is a beautiful area that you have. I failed on this one for sure but I enjoyed seeing your woods as it looks very similar to some of my woods that is located close to the creek area.

GAHUNTER60

That area is on a shoulder leading down from a long hardwood ridge on a thousand acre tract in Dawson County. I set up the camera right where the hardwoods join a laurel thicket that parallels the main ridge for close to a mile. The laurel thickets are the only real cover for the deer and bear on the property, as it was last logged in 1954!

BTW, there is no bait out in the area. The camera is simply covering an area where several game trails converge. When I downloaded the photos for the first time last week (after "soaking" for 14 days), there were 77 photos on the card -- 65 of them were photos of deer and groups of deer. By not putting out bait in front of my cameras, I can better tell the natural deer travel routes and choose where I want to hunt next fall.