Useles Billy done shot #1321 critters with his .223

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
@NCHillbilly @Pig Predator @Nicodemus ……Whut yall think of this ? Looks irked to me but it’s huge?

Probably a big quarry blank. It does favor the, for lack of a better word, "handheld chopper". A few that I know of have been found down here in the Flint River in shoals that have have the remains of butchered mammoths, and possibly a mastodon. Kinda-sorta similar to an Acheulean hand ax. Clovis, Simpson, and Waller knives have been found in the same shoals.

GeorgiaGlockMan

Hey fellas,

Woooooooo. Had to get that outta the ways.

Pretty glad to say that I am the new owner of a small monkey's hand-held chopper artifact. <<< extrapolative facts and such.

I found it on the same hill as the big monkey hand-held chopper was found.

I am just amazed at this little piece of work from, obviously, the smallest monkey hands ever!!!!

White quartz for those interested in the pert details!

Woooooooo!

Attachments

• 20240507_100347.jpg
    20240507_100347.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 11

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Probably a big quarry blank. It does favor the, for lack of a better word, "handheld chopper". A few that I know of have been found down here in the Flint River in shoals that have have the remains of butchered mammoths, and possibly a mastodon. Kinda-sorta similar to an Acheulean hand ax. Clovis, Simpson, and Waller knives have been found in the same shoals.
Bob Patton in his Peoples of the Flute book has some ideas that make a lot of sense. From studying wear use patterns and stuff, he thinks that the Clovis and maybe other Paleo folks would harvest these quarry blanks when they were around a good source of flint, and would carry them around and use them as general chopping and scraping tools, and knock flake knives and whatnot off of them as needed. And then, when they needed new projectile points, they would work one down into the final point.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Hey fellas,

Woooooooo. Had to get that outta the ways.

Pretty glad to say that I am the new owner of a small monkey's hand-held chopper artifact. <<< extrapolative facts and such.

I found it on the same hill as the big monkey hand-held chopper was found.

I am just amazed at this little piece of work from, obviously, the smallest monkey hands ever!!!!

White quartz for those interested in the pert details!

Woooooooo!
That's another unfinished preform and a nice one at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.