Useles Billy done shot #1321 critters with his .223

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Used a boom box wif a wounded jack rabbit cassette tape, had a ten minute delay. Got in rocks with hills to my back… about 50 yards away feom boom box. When the call started i i would see dust kick up on desert floor through brush and misquit trees abot 1000 yards out them coyotes would run straight for that boom box. We used to say it was like that ol Mighty Dog commercial. When they got bout 75 yards out they start to circle the box. Thats why i used a pistol cause i killed just as many begind me as in front of me. Most shots within 25 yards. It was so much fun. Drive into desert walk about 200 yards off road find a good vantage point… set up the boom box and within 15 minutes you would kill a yote or sometimes two. Then drive a another quarter mile down the road and do it again.

GeorgiaGlockMan

Used a boom box wif a wounded jack rabbit cassette tape, had a ten minute delay. Got in rocks with hills to my back… about 50 yards away feom boom box. When the call started i i would see dust kick up on desert floor through brush and misquit trees abot 1000 yards out them coyotes would run straight for that boom box. We used to say it was like that ol Mighty Dog commercial. When they got bout 75 yards out they start to circle the box. Thats why i used a pistol cause i killed just as many begind me as in front of me. Most shots within 25 yards. It was so much fun. Drive into desert walk about 200 yards off road find a good vantage point… set up the boom box and within 15 minutes you would kill a yote or sometimes two. Then drive a another quarter mile down the road and do it again.
Forwhatever reason when we were kids, the old school cassette recorder swiped from my pop always had the crow cassette in it.

Crow calls on one side. Crows and owl fighting on the other. Continuous play. When it swapped sides, you knew a change-up was coming....

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Forwhatever reason when we were kids, the old school cassette recorder swiped from my pop always had the crow cassette in it.

Crow calls on one side. Crows and owl fighting on the other. Continuous play. When it swapped sides, you knew a change-up was coming....
Yea, the one i bought was in a messican restaurant/bar next the cash register for three bucks. I forget but i think the other side had a javelinia call on on it, the Jack rabbit call worked almost evertime provided we didnt over hunt an area… but in AZ desster back then we hunted bothsides of border no gps and so we often ended up south of the border and wouldn’t even lnow it.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Back then AZ had very liberal gun laws it was not unusual for us to walkinto some dusty border bar strapped… we carried big pistols everywhere… i usually carried a M29 but sometimes an all steel five inch 1911.

Big nose kates… the bar in tombstone was about 35 minutes from my house and we would go and fellers in their would be in em and playing poker with money on the table with all sort of pistols open carriwd. Ot was pretty cool. I never played cards but my Lady always sed, if we going drankin tonite bring your big 44. Yes deer.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Billy been movin' stuff wid a Rayrode Forklift, cleaning up the rail yard. Violated all kinda union and company rules.

Outlaw Certified!

Filled a big roll off dumpster with scrap metal, pallets, trash, you name it. Rayrode generate lotsa waste.

Billy sez...I ain't got no card, but I can drive any forkin' thing around...

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
@HarryO45 yall dew any hunting of those midget TOAds up in the desert hills?
I did , they had Couse deers, muley, and whitetail, antelope. I only had archery tags and could only kill any ONE of the deer. (No antelope) I decided to focus on the Mule deer and had three shots at what i thought was the same massive mule buck on three seperate days. Each time i under estimated the range and shot low. He was a massive 5x5. Hung out wif a younger 4x4 and he was always getting in the way and i was greedy and wanted the big one. He was so big i guess i always thought he was much closer- never learned my lesson. Low shot each time

The cous deer are pretty cool and i got pretty close to them but they like hang out in the higher tougher elevations. They are tiney… I really wanted a muley.

I did kill a javelina, but no deer.

Saw a mountain lion one day on an opposite ridge and my local hunt friend told me that was very unusual and lucky told me i used up all my luck eith that sighting and thats why i didnt fill a tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.