Useles Billy's #4th Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I had 2 wash tubs. One had 3 holes drilled. Other none. Told grandson. Wash them out. Drill more holes in this one with holes. Come back both have holes.
BTW I was the bad guy after that.

B. White

A little deformed, but the first two CP are close enough to ready. Will make a sandwich tomorrow. Rabbit and chicken manure has them averaging a pound a piece, but I've got some waste to trim off. There are a few that are bigger that haven't turned, so I hope they don't split or have other issues before picking.

Better Boys, Rutgers and Black Krim will be ready shortly.

1688077704930.jpeg

B. White

My Mamaw would pick a few smaller green ones and fry them, plus pick some of the suckers off with no maters on them, it worked.

Try a tablespoon of bleach in a quart of water and put in a spray bottle and spray them for the rot/brown.

I've tried it all over the years. Also, they say crushing aspirin and mixing in a spray triggers some kind of reaction to help them fight disease. It is hard to compare years with different conditions, but I think mine have done best when I didn't have time to mess with suckers or anything else and just let them be.

B. White

And the 1st zucchini will be picked. I am happy just thinking of the future zucchini bread that’s coming.

I may be the odd one, but I slice small zucchini and mix with crookneck and freeze it all in the same bag to cook down with onions when thawed. It still tastes the same to us and helps fill the freezer. Sliced fried zucchini is might fine too.

Status
Not open for further replies.