Using Biology, Not Religion, to Argue Against Same-Sex Marriage

rjcruiser

I like that error message:bounce::bounce:

But why the :eek:::ke::huh:

Roms 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life.

Doesn't say anything about the wages of venial or mortal sins having different penalties.

gtparts

Doesn't say anything about the wages of venial or mortal sins having different penalties.

Hey..... fellas! Long as your splittin' hares, I'll take two, quartered please!

Hasenpfeffer!!

:whip:

Double Barrel BB

So why does it site nature in the verse- I figured animals are the only other creature with hair.

I am not sure why nature is cited in the verse, but what I do know is that their needs to be a definate difference in the way women and men appear, just like there is a definate difference in nature.

Why are Jesus and the disciples depicted to have long hair? Why did Samson get his power from long hair?

Artistic interpertation? The majority of the images of Jesus also make him look more like a european white male... I highly doubt that Jesus looks anything like what the artist of the 1200-1600's depicted him as...

Samson, got his strength from God, nothing else... How long was Samson's hair? I have never seen an instance in the Bible that actually tells you how long it was... it could have been relatively short as compared to some people today... I believe, and I could be wrong, but a nazarite was only not to shave their head...

Just curious...I have very short hair, but it just seems like a random thing to have as an avatar.

There was a discussion on here from awhile ago about long hair on men... I put it in there, because of a personal conviction, I have extremely short hair, and I believe that a man should not have long hair... Just my belief...:)

DB BB

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR

Absolutely there are different penalties and different sins. It says so in the Bible:bounce:

"Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers - none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God." [1 Cor. 6:9-10]

rjcruiser

Absolutely there are different penalties and different sins. It says so in the Bible:bounce:

"Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers - none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God." [1 Cor. 6:9-10]

I'm not sure if you are serious or not. You're adding :bounce: to it, and you are confusing my easily confused mind:bounce::bounce:

But, I'll take you seriously and give you an interpretation of I Cor 6:9-10. Notice that it says "Wrongdoers will not inherit the Kingdom of God." That means anyone who does wrong. So, stealing a piece of gum...wrong. Cheating on your homework...wrong. Taking the Lord's name in vain....wrong. Acting out of frustration and anger...wrong.

All are punishable by eternity apart from God.

And I guess if you want to go a bit further...it mentions robbers. So, the kid who steals a piece of gum is a robber and is likened to a male prostitute.:bounce::bounce:

FishingAddict

I am not sure why nature is cited in the verse, but what I do know is that their needs to be a definate difference in the way women and men appear, just like there is a definate difference in nature.

Artistic interpertation? The majority of the images of Jesus also make him look more like a european white male... I highly doubt that Jesus looks anything like what the artist of the 1200-1600's depicted him as...

Samson, got his strength from God, nothing else... How long was Samson's hair? I have never seen an instance in the Bible that actually tells you how long it was... it could have been relatively short as compared to some people today... I believe, and I could be wrong, but a nazarite was only not to shave their head...

There was a discussion on here from awhile ago about long hair on men... I put it in there, because of a personal conviction, I have extremely short hair, and I believe that a man should not have long hair... Just my belief...:)

DB BB

I'm assuming that since Sampson NEVER cut his hair...it was not even close to short. ;)

Most men of that era had long hair and beards...the shroud of turin:
800px-

SouthOfTheMasonDixon

I hear gays say "equal rights" for gays when it comes to marrige.

It seems to me they do have equal rights: They have the right to marry someone of the opposite sex, like everyone else.
Works out great for the 90+% of the population who are interested in marrying only someone of the opposite gender, doesn't it?

The point is, the vast majority of the population has the legal right to marry the consenting adult of his or her choice who also chooses to be married to that person.

The rest of us are denied that right simply because the other person has the same genital configuration as we.

It makes as much sense as outlawing the use of the left hand. After all, right-handed people would have the same right to use only their right hands as left-handed people would. Who cares if people are left-handed due to biological reasons and find it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to use their right?

SouthOfTheMasonDixon

their needs to be a definate difference in the way women and men appear, just like there is a definate difference in nature.
What about intersexed people (people born with both male and female organs)?

How are they to dress?

What length should they keep their hair?

Shouldn't they be denied the right to marry since no matter what they'd be marrying someone of at least partly the same gender?

Since God is so hot to trot on setting out OLD TESTAMENT rules for gender conformity, why was this not addressed? Or should intersexed babies simply be put to death to avoid problems?

Gotta love how you and others pick and choose which OT laws are to be strictly followed and which are fine to disregard.

mtnwoman

I have no problem really with homosexuals doing as they please. Just like I have no problem with abortions.
For me I wouldn't do either, but since everyone doesn't believe as I do then I'm prochoice for either.

I do know that abortion has progressed thru the years all the way up to partial birth abortion.
Next thing you know the pedofiles will be picketing their right of sexual preference. If they like little boys or girls..then perhaps they were born that way and can't help it...do they deserve equal rights for their sexual preference? OMGosh...the Bible is coming to pass right before my very eyes.

Double Barrel BB

I'm assuming that since Sampson NEVER cut his hair...it was not even close to short. ;)

Most men of that era had long hair and beards...the shroud of turin:
800px-

The shroud has never been proven to be the true shroud.... The shroud is probably one of the biggest hoax's ever pulled...

Almost every picture that has ever been painted of Jesus, has him as a White European man, do you think he really looked like this? Or do you think he looked like a Jew? There are distinct facial, pigmentation and bodily characteristic differences between Europeans and Middle Eastern People...

Do you know what length Samsons hair was? It doesn't say in the Bible, but it does say that for a man to have long hair it is a shame... I think I would err on the side that says it plain as day....

Plus being a nazerite, meant more than just not cutting your hair.... this meant no wine or strong drink, no vinegar, no drinks made from grapes, no eating grapes(fresh or dried), can't eat anything that is produced by the grapevine, not even the seeds or skins... can't go near a dead body, even of that of his own family if they were to die...

The nazarite vow ranged from, 30-100 days, they saved their heads and burnt them as an offering to the Lord... there were exceptions, and Samson was one, that was supposed to be a life-long Nazarite... We know though he violated several of those... and his true power did not come from his hair... God gave him his power, regardless of the length of his hair...

DB BB

Double Barrel BB

What about intersexed people (people born with both male and female organs)?

How are they to dress?

What length should they keep their hair?

Shouldn't they be denied the right to marry since no matter what they'd be marrying someone of at least partly the same gender?

Since God is so hot to trot on setting out OLD TESTAMENT rules for gender conformity, why was this not addressed? Or should intersexed babies simply be put to death to avoid problems?

Gotta love how you and others pick and choose which OT laws are to be strictly followed and which are fine to disregard.

It is not only old testament law... you should really look it up... Paul wrote it in the new testament... I am think you didn't even read my post... just look at my avatar image...

Chances are there was not alot of people born with dual organs... and to tell you the truth, I am not sure what was done to them back then...

Is there ever a time that the dual organ actually both work? I have never heard of a case... I would think that if one of the organs doesn't work then the child is truely the opposite of the one that doesn't work...

Medical science can do extensive tests, even chromosome tests to determine the proper sex for the child...

I find it saddening that you spout off Biblical passages in a effort to make yourself sound so educated on the Bible, when you have clearly, to me anyway, missed the main point of the Bible..

DB BB

farmasis

All OT laws that I am to follow were picked by God and reinforced in the NT.

I am not picking any of them.

fishndinty

It is not only old testament law... you should really look it up... Paul wrote it in the new testament... I am think you didn't even read my post... just look at my avatar image...

Chances are there was not alot of people born with dual organs... and to tell you the truth, I am not sure what was done to them back then...

Is there ever a time that the dual organ actually both work? I have never heard of a case... I would think that if one of the organs doesn't work then the child is truely the opposite of the one that doesn't work...

Medical science can do extensive tests, even chromosome tests to determine the proper sex for the child...

I find it saddening that you spout off Biblical passages in a effort to make yourself sound so educated on the Bible, when you have clearly, to me anyway, missed the main point of the Bible..

DB BB

DB,
I think this is really relevant, though....because a hermaphrodite is, unequivocally, biologically gender neutral. How do we as Christians respond to such a person? Do you give that person a free pass to pick the partner of his/her choice? Better question, does it matter at all what we think?:)

ambush80

DB,
I think this is really relevant, though....because a hermaphrodite is, unequivocally, biologically gender neutral. How do we as Christians respond to such a person? Do you give that person a free pass to pick the partner of his/her choice? Better question, does it matter at all what we think?:)

I think it matters to people who need differing beliefs to be false in order for their be to be true.

Would anyone here consider a Hermaphrodite to be an abomination?

Double Barrel BB

DB,

How can one be gender neutral, just because of a birth defect... that they can medically test for and determine down to the chromosome, which they are supposed to be?

It matters what God thinks, and it matters to me because it is in God's Book, The Bible.

DB BB

FishingAddict

The shroud has never been proven to be the true shroud.... The shroud is probably one of the biggest hoax's ever pulled...

Almost every picture that has ever been painted of Jesus, has him as a White European man, do you think he really looked like this? Or do you think he looked like a Jew? There are distinct facial, pigmentation and bodily characteristic differences between Europeans and Middle Eastern People...

Do you know what length Samsons hair was? It doesn't say in the Bible, but it does say that for a man to have long hair it is a shame... I think I would err on the side that says it plain as day....

Plus being a nazerite, meant more than just not cutting your hair.... this meant no wine or strong drink, no vinegar, no drinks made from grapes, no eating grapes(fresh or dried), can't eat anything that is produced by the grapevine, not even the seeds or skins... can't go near a dead body, even of that of his own family if they were to die...

The nazarite vow ranged from, 30-100 days, they saved their heads and burnt them as an offering to the Lord... there were exceptions, and Samson was one, that was supposed to be a life-long Nazarite... We know though he violated several of those... and his true power did not come from his hair... God gave him his power, regardless of the length of his hair...

DB BB

The shroud looks alot more like a middle eastern man, or even indian man to me.

And you bring up a great point. Samson did get his power from God. And he had long hair- cause he never ever cut it til he was fooled.

God gave a man great power because he obeyed God not to cut it...until he disobeyed God. He lost his power when he cut his hair. Somehow I'm missing the whole part about long hair being bad.

There is much more evidence that they it's ok to have long hair than it's not ok to have long hair.

Double Barrel BB

The shroud looks alot more like a middle eastern man, or even indian man to me.

And you bring up a great point. Samson did get his power from God. And he had long hair- cause he never ever cut it til he was fooled.

God gave a man great power because he obeyed God not to cut it...until he disobeyed God. He lost his power when he cut his hair. Somehow I'm missing the whole part about long hair being bad.

There is much more evidence that they it's ok to have long hair than it's not ok to have long hair.

So I guess, 1 Corinthians 11:14 should be completely ignored....

DB BB