Vegas Birthday Eats!

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Kelli and I went out to Vegas for a 4 day weekend two weeks ago. It originally started as Kelli wanting to go see Garth Brook's for his residency. I piped up back earlier in the year and told her if she could get tickets that I would go. Well, she got them! It just happened to be the weekend of my birthday and also the week the National Finals Rodeo takes place. That meant a ton of other country music performers were in town. So, we packed as much entertainment as we could into 4 nights that included Garth, the NFR rodeo, and Laney Wilson! That was on top of the general Vegas experience.

Included in all that was some absolutely fantastic food and drinks. You could visit for a year and not scratch the surface on the amazing restaurants there.

Our first meal was lunch at Yardbird. The deviled eggs were on another level. They were topped with smoked trout roe that gave it this super good, salty pop. Their tenders were fantastic as well.
IMG_7620.jpegIMG_7621.jpeg

It was late every night after the concerts/rodeo and we found a place called Grand Lux that was open 24 hours and served a late night menu. We hit it up a few times just because everything we had was really good. We had waffles, pot roast fries, nachos, and a killer little breakfast sandwich.
IMG_7751.jpegIMG_7643.jpegIMG_7642.jpegIMG_7641.jpeg

A place called Brera served an aperitivo hour menu and we hit it up for an early snack one evening. The pizza, and and their version of bruschetta, was really good and affordable.
IMG_7749.jpegIMG_7750.jpeg

Kelli had to have some Mexican food while we were there. We had brunch at Canonita. They had one of the best breakfast burritos I've ever had. It was full of chorizo, potatoes, eggs, and came with two salsa's. We finished it off with churros.
IMG_7645.jpegIMG_7646.jpeg

Last edited:

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
The highlight of the food was for my birthday dinner. Kelli had visited Prime steakhouse when she was in Vegas for SHOT Show last January. She booked it for my birthday and it was everything you could ask for in a steakhouse. The ribeye was flat perfection. I'm not a steak sauce person, but they have three sauces they bring out. They are a béarnaise, peppercorn, and a soy rice wine. Each was very good, but I could have drank that soy wine sauce with a straw. It added another level to that steak that I can't explain.
IMG_7655.jpegIMG_7656.jpegIMG_7657.jpegIMG_7752.jpegIMG_7753.jpeg

We had an absolute blast overall. I know you hear different opinions of Las Vegas, but it was really fun and I would have no hesitation about going back. We also snuck in a little game time and Kelli kept us on the winning side. In total, we walked over 26 miles in the time we were there, so despite all the good food, I think we burnt off most of those calories!

Duff

Awesome looking food Dustin! Let me hold a dolla!:bounce:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Heck yeah ! Looks like y’all had a great time !

Latest posts