Walleye Run in GA Weekly Fishing Report

Kdog

Notta on Seed this morning. Water temps up river were 48.2, mid-lake was 49.6. Only caught some fake pike (pickerel), but had a good time.

MEWBWHWOD

Water was high and fast on Monday. Temp was 48.7 on Rabun but current was moving quick. Caught a couple perch but slow day.

greg_n_clayton

Water was high and fast on Monday. Temp was 48.7 on Rabun but current was moving quick. Caught a couple perch but slow day.
What baits were you using ? And what area of the lake ?

greg_n_clayton

Notta on Seed this morning. Water temps up river were 48.2, mid-lake was 49.6. Only caught some fake pike (pickerel), but had a good time.
How about you sir ? Where in the lake and what was you shoting/free lineing/pulling ?? Water temps are getting close, but that cold snap may have changed thangs !!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
49*-51* are usually the magic numbers.

Kdog

We were using cranks, jerks, and under spins.

greg_n_clayton

I am going to try Rabun I believe. Was gonna go last night. Boat hadn't been ran since last summer, figure I might better crank it before going over there. Good thang, no water coming from pee hole !!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
We were using cranks, jerks, and under spins.
I would throw those back in the box, and fish curlytail grubs on 1/4 oz jigheads or nightcrawlers on a spinner rig or jighead if you want to actually catch some on a regular basis.

Kdog

We catch them every year on those baits, but I know what you are saying. We just like the challenge. ;)

greg_n_clayton

I would throw those back in the box, and fish curlytail grubs on 1/4 oz jigheads or nightcrawlers on a spinner rig or jighead if you want to actually catch some on a regular basis.
What color jigs ?? I saw a picture of one the other day I wish I could find. Sort of clear brown. I bet it would work !! Sort of a crawfish color.

greg_n_clayton

Found the color I was refering to. Pumpkin Pepper they call it. It looks like it would work !

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Chartreuse and motor oil/brown pumpkin kind of like what you're talking about have been the best colors I've tried. Chartreuse is definitely good.

greg_n_clayton

Chartreuse and motor oil/brown pumpkin kind of like what you're talking about have been the best colors I've tried. Chartreuse is definitely good.
2" or 3" ?? It seems the 2 " would allow for a minnow trailer. They a little over 5 bucks for 20 in 3" and $10/100 for 2" .

greg_n_clayton

I sent you a text of the brownish grubs. Compare the two and let me know what you thank !