Warning for Cohutta WMA

birddog52

Banned
MY GUESS TO MUCH WORK HOT & BUGGEE AND BORING LONG HOURS BUT A TRAIL CAMEREA WOULD WORK ( i LIKE THE IDEA OF A HOT LOAD OF SIXS IN THE BACKSIDE ABOUT THE TIME HE BREAKS THE WINDOW THEN LET HIM FIGURE IT OUT ITS NOT HEALTHY TO STEAL)

Rich Kaminski

Hope they get caught

Sure would be nice to dislocate their arms and legs. Then they couldn't wipe themselves for about 6 months.

Etoncathunter

Well I'm not going to second guess my officers. The county for the most part doesn't patrol the mountains other than certain contracted times. That leaves the ENTIRE section of NF here, not just cohutta, but peeples lake, and other areas as well to our very few USFS officers. I asked about doing a "bait car" and I was told that the subject or subjects is not using a set pattern. They may hit 1 area hard, then ignore it and go after a completely different area for a few weeks. You can't just have your limited officers tied up on a 24/7 stake out for weeks at a time, and trail type cameras are of limited use. We all know here how easy they are for people to spot and how easy they are to take or destroy.

Sargent

Let's pool together some resources and get a really nice bait car and leave it there...

...with about 2 dozen hungry rattlesnakes inside.

I am former Law Enforcement and I have been in Cohutta 9 times since the first of August. I set up my Blackout Trial cam every time I leave the vehicle. Only have one Coyote picture using my tire as a fire hydrant and 2 NFS vehicles. Looks like the officers are running license plates. It might be that I'm not leaving the vehicle overnight, but a trail cam is worth giving these - I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -'s what they have coming. Over the Labor Day weekend I was flagged down by a hiker who's car was broken into and the battery stolen. Oh by the way, He traveled here from Texas to hike the Cohutta mountains. What a warm Southern Welcome he received. Let's catch these people.

Killer Kyle

This past Saturday I was talking to a couple at an AT trailhead. The guy saw my side arm, and said "I see you have a side arm. I need to get one too. Not for the people, I mean...but for the animals." To which I replied "Oh. No....mine isn't for the animals. It's for the people."
Hahaha.

T-N-T

This past Saturday I was talking to a couple at an AT trailhead. The guy saw my side arm, and said "I see you have a side arm. I need to get one too. Not for the people, I mean...but for the animals." To which I replied "Oh. No....mine isn't for the animals. It's for the people."
Hahaha.

Sadly mine is too. I carry for the possibility of a problem animal. But most likely I will not draw on an animal but a human. Thats kinda messed up if you ask me. Seriously though I like the idea of placing a trail camera on your own car when have to leave it vulnerable.

This got me thinking...an idea for next time I'm hunting on any kind of land that's easily accessible by the public. I'm just going to boobie trap my truck. Setup some sort of electroshock rig that'll give them a good jerk if they enter the vehicle. Or any kind of boobie trap really would be the best idea. Just rig up your truck and anyone trying to break in is in for a world of hurt.

We have problems like that around lake guntersville during duck season every year, last year they went onto my buddys truck and even stole his almost worn out work boots. Guys my dad always to me a man that will steal will kill you so be careful. I dont lock my truck and always leave a window open at least that way I wont have to replace windows. I hope they get caught and thrown under the jail, most likly meth heads so watch out. alan

snook24

Thanks a ton! Glad we are hunting a different wma this bow season but ill keep it in mind for the gun hunt!

sfoxwoody

I was up there most of the day yesterday scouting in the Hickory Creek/Rice Camp areas, there were no vehicles in the parking lot when we got there but when I came back to the truck in between trails there were two vehicles parked in the lot. I ALWAYS snap a pic of the vehicles from the back so I get the tag in it, just incase I get broke into. That would at least be a starting point for LE to check. Just an idea.

Millcreekfarms

I was up there on the small game opener hadnt made it far and heard someone stop at my truck so i went back i saw a girl behind my truck when she saw me she ran back to a beat up honda and they drove away quickly

Charl

image_zps3bf1605a.jpg

image_zps68e63281.jpg