Weddings for non-members?

SBG

OK, I`ll bite this one. We did get burned on more than one occasion. It happens. It will happen again. Part of life. People lie and people use. We still allow "proper" use of our facilities. (Along with that is all the meeting the pastor and setting guide lines stuff) Our job here is to reach out and help others in need. Are we going to use what God gave us or go hide it the talent? Again, we talking about a wedding that the Pastor has overlooked the arrangements for, not hot wings and a poker game in the sanctuary.

Using your apples and oranges analogy, are you gonna drive up a long muddy drive way to pick up someone for Church in your Lincoln Town car knowing they are gonna walk through mud to get to it?

Sure we have been looked down on cause we dont have a multi million dollar facility with thousands of dollars in a savings account, and the main reason some accusers "speculate" is because we are "to open the needy and getting used"

My question to them was "how are you going to explain to God the reason for having thousands of dollars in a savings account and hungry family in the neighbor hood?"

That is great that you have decided as a congregation to allow proper use. The problem is who is to decide what is proper? God expects us to be good stewards of what he has apportioned to our care. A big part of that is His house. I will submit that God would not find any church that would allow itself to be "burned" over and over for the sake of not wanting to offend good stewards.

I am done with this as all I ever cared to do in the first place was to show HD that there are some churches that have turned away non-members for good cause.

When it all shakes out, I assume that the whole disagreement comes down to churches that are sanctified and seperated, and those that want to straddle the fence.

:yawn:

MudDucker

Staff member
Rationalize it all you want. The fact is you said this is how you get around what you think is a silly rule. You said to go become a member, have a wedding, then pull your letter.

That is a false precept(lie) and you should be ashamed for even advising someone to do it.::; Church membership should be taken a lot more serious than that.

But in the end, do what makes you feel good.

You sir, have the right to be wrong. :yawn:

MudDucker

Staff member
Rationalize it all you want. The fact is you said this is how you get around what you think is a silly rule. You said to go become a member, have a wedding, then pull your letter.

That is a false precept(lie) and you should be ashamed for even advising someone to do it.::; Church membership should be taken a lot more serious than that.

But in the end, do what makes you feel good.

OK, I`ll bite this one. We did get burned on more than one occasion. It happens. It will happen again. Part of life. People lie and people use. We still allow "proper" use of our facilities. (Along with that is all the meeting the pastor and setting guide lines stuff) Our job here is to reach out and help others in need. Are we going to use what God gave us or go hide it the talent? Again, we talking about a wedding that the Pastor has overlooked the arrangements for, not hot wings and a poker game in the sanctuary.

Using your apples and oranges analogy, are you gonna drive up a long muddy drive way to pick up someone for Church in your Lincoln Town car knowing they are gonna walk through mud to get to it?

Sure we have been looked down on cause we dont have a multi million dollar facility with thousands of dollars in a savings account, and the main reason some accusers "speculate" is because we are "to open the needy and getting used"

My question to them was "how are you going to explain to God the reason for having thousands of dollars in a savings account and hungry family in the neighbor hood?"

Well said. I am a member of a Church with a beautiful sanctuary that is very popular for weddings and yes, we've been burned, but no, we don't bar the doors. ::;

HuntDawg

Except the Church rule that only members can use the physical plant.

And what about Church rules that don't follow your beliefs?

Either you follow the rules or you don't.

I haven't accused anybody of lying. On the other hand there are several others here that can't say that, but apparently they are above reproach.

Here we go again twenty five ought six. You are the king of slippery slope. The church rule that will not allow us to use the physical plant takes care of that rule. They will not allow us to use their facility, therefor we can not break this rule. I guess we could break this rule if we broke into the church and had a ceromony with out the churches concent. Sir, you must be trying to upset me, because this is the reply of a 5 year old.

Sir, if they do not have the same doctrine beliefs that we believe, then they obviously will not allow us to use their church. Again, what could you possibly be offering in this discussion that is genuine?

They will not allow us to use their facility, therefor we can not break this rule.

Correct, but apparently nothing keeps you from complaining about it while "professing" a willingness to follow the rules.

HuntDawg

Correct, but apparently nothing keeps you from complaining about it while "professing" a willingness to follow the rules.

Sir, You must be pulling my chain. Please read what you just stated very slowly.

You aknowledge that we can not break their rule by starting your answer with the word "Correct". You then add the "but" statement which shows that we are doing the right thing. We follow the rules, but offer a different opionion of the rules. Sir, this is how rules get changed. You do not break the rule, you debate the rule.

Obviously you do not understand how to debate.

On the other hand, I noticed your call name. You must shoot a Twenty five ought six. I have nothing against this caliber of weapon, but I have noticed that in my experience with hunters over the years, the ones who shoot non-popular calibers are usually very hard to get along with. From my experiences, the guys who shoot calibers much different than the noraml guy, usually is a know it all. These are the people who do not read into entire threads, they just pick and choose what they want too, then use their slippery slope arguements to attempt to get their point accross.

HuntDawg

Spoke with a lovely lady this afternoon from a local church in Coweta county. My call was right in the middle of her making biscuits for Wednesday night supper. She dropped everything and listened to my story. She said it sounds great. We will go over on Friday, I hope, and meet with the minister.

This is the type of people we are looking for. I can picture her now with biscuit mix all over her hands and holding the phone to the best of her ability.

They still have the right to turn us down, but they have not turned us away.

60Grit

Spoke with a lovely lady this afternoon from a local church in Coweta county. My call was right in the middle of her making biscuits for Wednesday night supper. She dropped everything and listened to my story. She said it sounds great. We will go over on Friday, I hope, and meet with the minister.

This is the type of people we are looking for. I can picture her now with biscuit mix all over her hands and holding the phone to the best of her ability.

That is great news HuntDawg. We will be praying that this works out for you.

Good deal for you man. I hope it all works out well and the ceremony goes off without a hitch...well...except for you getting "hitched" (nothing bad meant by that) ::ke:

Maybe a little off the cuff here, but your comments do not seem to be Christ like. If you can honestly tell me that Christ would answer as you have, then I am completely off base.
Huntdawg, post #11

You must shoot a Twenty five ought six. I have nothing against this caliber of weapon, but I have noticed that in my experience with hunters over the years, the ones who shoot non-popular calibers are usually very hard to get along with. From my experiences, the guys who shoot calibers much different than the noraml guy, usually is a know it all.
Huntdog, post #110

Well this discussion has certainly been illustrative for me, in that I now see what a "Christ like" comment is. Thank you, Brother, for opening my eyes.

jmharris23

Allright ya'll can quit now

HuntDawg

Huntdawg, post #11

Huntdog, post #110

Well this discussion has certainly been illustrative for me, in that I now see what a "Christ like" comment is. Thank you, Brother, for opening my eyes.

You are correct sir. That smart remark by myself was indeed no where even close to being Christ like. I lost my temper and that is a sin. I appoligize for my error in judgement.