What's your deer hunting set-up for this season?

rbureau

Gun: CVA Accura V2

Bullet: Powerbelt Aerolite 250 gr

Powder: 150 gr White Hots

Primer: Remington Premier STS 209 shotshell

futbolwest

PSE Hunter: I see your using Blackhorn powder and a non QRBP on your Optima. Do you have a BH BREECH PLUG installed or the original BREECH PLUG.
I have an older Wolf, a CVA APEX and now a CVA Optima V2 pistol and only the pistol has the QRBP. I was wanting to try BH209 but didn't want to have to buy new breech plugs.

Opening day I will be using my Apex with a Vortex CrossfireII 3-9x40 ,100grains of White Hots, 250 grain Hornady SST and Winchester 209 primer.
As a back up or up close shot I will carry my virgin optima V2 pistol with 85 grains of Pyrodex, a Hornady 250 SST and a Wincester 209 primer.

pse hunter

PSE Hunter: I see your using Blackhorn powder and a non QRBP on your Optima. Do you have a BH BREECH PLUG installed or the original BREECH PLUG.
I have an older Wolf, a CVA APEX and now a CVA Optima V2 pistol and only the pistol has the QRBP. I was wanting to try BH209 but didn't want to have to buy new breech plugs.

Opening day I will be using my Apex with a Vortex CrossfireII 3-9x40 ,100grains of White Hots, 250 grain Hornady SST and Winchester 209 primer.
As a back up or up close shot I will carry my virgin optima V2 pistol with 85 grains of Pyrodex, a Hornady 250 SST and a Wincester 209 primer.

I actually have the original breech plug but it has been modified to the specs as the BH breech plug i'm not sure about the QRBP but the other two would not be a problem to fix and i'll be gald to do it for you.. send me a pm

7Mag Hunter

.54 cal Hawken 75gr Pyrodex--MMP sabot- Hornady FTX 250gr bullet

50cal CVA inline--100gr Pyrodex--MMP sabot-Woodies member cast 250gr HP lead bullet for 44mag/special ..

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
CVA Magbolt 50 cal
3x9 Redfield
Powerbelt 250 aerolite
2. 50 grain pyrodex tablet
Winchester 209 primer

killitgrillit

Remington 700
63grains H4198
200gr hornady xtp
harvester smooth blue
large rifle primer

Hawken2222

Tc Triumph with Leupold Ultimate Slam 3x9 40
Barnes Tez 290 grain
100 grains BH 209
Winchester primer

leoparddog

1989 Traditions Hawkins Sidelock
100gr Pyrodex
265gr Lead Cast Performance WLFN .452 boolit

Gecko

Knight Bk 92 .50
100gr 777
777 209 primers
250 gr Hornady SST
Harvester Crushrib sabots

Last Minute

And for down here in the everglades both still hunting or buggy/airboat hunting its a few of my cva double barrel shotguns with 1-1/4oz ffg - wad - 15 no 1 buckshot and a couple cotton balls

Kanook

Ruger Old Army

Shockey's Gold to the rim (around 60 grains)

.457 wheel weight ball

CCI #11 magnum

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
.50 T/C Hawken - 90g ffg- 2 balls and a poly patch...devestating

Interesting. So you just load two balls on top of each other? Never saw that.

BIGGUS

GONetwork Member
Savage ML-II
45grns. Accurate 5744
300grn. Barnes Original
MMP Sabot

Once you go smokeless, you'll never look back!

rockman7

Knight 45 original disc 1:20
3x9 Nikon omega
100gr 777
260gr dead center precision bullet w/harvester crushed rib

Attachments

• IMG_1148.jpg
    IMG_1148.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 944

GunnSmokeer

Savage model 10, in .243 caliber.
Not an accu-trigger model. This one's older.
The trigger is OK, and the rifle's accuracy is better than I could ever hope to match under real-world hunting conditions.
No recoil, but as much noise and muzzle blast as any other big-game rifle.
IMG_0810_zpsfe5ef2f3.jpg

P.S. since this photo was taken, I added a cheek pad to the stock so that I could get cheek weld even when looking through this scope.

(The scope is just a cheap thing-- Tasco, I think it is. 3x -9x. Nothing to brag about, but it works. I've taken it out in the woods at dawn, and dusk, and I can see things through it that I can't see with my naked eyes.)

Darkhorse

Savage model 10, in .243 caliber.
Not an accu-trigger model. This one's older.
The trigger is OK, and the rifle's accuracy is better than I could ever hope to match under real-world hunting conditions.
No recoil, but as much noise and muzzle blast as any other big-game rifle.
IMG_0810_zpsfe5ef2f3.jpg

P.S. since this photo was taken, I added a cheek pad to the stock so that I could get cheek weld even when looking through this scope.

(The scope is just a cheap thing-- Tasco, I think it is. 3x -9x. Nothing to brag about, but it works. I've taken it out in the woods at dawn, and dusk, and I can see things through it that I can't see with my naked eyes.)

I guess I just don't understand how your rifle qualifys as a Muzzleloader. Besides the rifle is illegal anyway, .44 is the minimum caliber for big game in Georgia.
You do realize that Primitive Weapons season starts tomorrow, the general season starts next saturday?
When I think of a Primitive Weapon it will be along the lines of this one.

Attachments

• Rightside (1024x317).jpg
    Rightside (1024x317).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 869
  • Top right (1024x768).jpg
    Top right (1024x768).jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 874