Where to shop for new muzzleloader?

KY Red

I'm in the Savannah area and would like to look at a few different models of smokepoles. Anyone know of a good place with various selections? Thanks in advance.

jamrens

Banned
As much as i hate to say this try bass pro..

OEFOIFvet88

yea i would second that, i mean they have good prices i guess, but you could also try Franklins down here in athens, they are just as expensive as bass and with bass you know that its a brand new gun

georgia_home

how to start...

before you start looking, determine the type of weapon you want, and the features... the biggest questions is traditional or inline...

then start with the big names near you. checking out their loss leader items there... they usually have good sales this time of year...

bass pro/dick's/academy outdoors and similar. find a brand and model you like... and remember accessories. i do recommend a 50. you can find stuff for them everywhere... i have a 54... its getting harder to find... at least compared to 50.

one you get their prices, you can then find a local shop or two to compare there also...

good luck.

KY Red

Modern inline

That's what I was thinking. I have an old 50 cal. hawkin type I built as a kit many years ago. I have not shot it for several years also. Percussion cap, round ball. I would like to try a modern inline, maybe one with thumbhole stock?

Knight, TC is what I would like to look at. I guess Knight went out of business, I wonder about that as a choice? I looked at Knight's website, although expensive, the long range hunter is sharp. Anyone have experience with that model?

rbar

I have a CVA KODIAK MAGNUM .50cal inline,209 primers,rings,scope(Tasco pronghorn 4x32),pellets,sabots,tools,the works!
Mint cond.
I will make you a great deal,reply back if you are interested.
Kingsland,GA (about100miles from SAV)

georgia_home

ky, if it helps, there are probably several folks here who know alot about traditional. i dont... beyond the basics... they can tell you about them. basically they have been working for hundreds of years... so they must be OK at the very least!!! ;)

i have 2 inlines

Remington 700ml/54cal. a great gun, but out of production

CVA optima elite, 50 cal. this is my first year hunting with it. it shoots well at the range. i need to see what i can do with deer or hog.

ga nopro

Place to shop for muzzleloader?

How about right here @ woody's ? :huh: Works for me!

I know its not in your area but you can shop online. Try Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna. They have gun show prices every day and are way less than BassPro.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
if I was sure what I wanted I would buy online. If I needed to spend time holding different guns then it would be at local dealers

torrente1

Try http://www.trackofthewolf.com if you want a look at some real nice traditional muzzle loaders. My father makes a real nice line of traditional muzzle loaders if you find what you are looking for pm me and I'll see if he has one of those available. He uses Getz or Green Mountain barrels with Large Siler flintlocks mostly but a couple of cap type guns are available too. After running a furniture and mill work company for decades he's established some contacts for some exquisite hardwoods especially Curly Maple and Walnut. Let me know your price range and type of rifle that suits your fancy and I can send over some photos. I'm real happy with the English Sporting Rifle flint lock that he gave me for Christmas and shot 3rd at 50 yds with it in my first competition this year. It's real fun and economical too when you can get 100 balls for 5.00 and a pound of powder for 12.00! It's becoming a larger culture every year on the traditional end and it's great to meet new people who are interested in the sport at the various shooting matches and gatherings that are held around the state. Try the National Muzzle Loader Rifle Association for a wealth of information as well @ http://www.nmlra.org

pcsolutions1

I bought mine from bud's gun room or bud's gun shop online. They had EXCELLENT prices on TC Omega's at the time and I had it 2 days after I placed my order.