Which part of GA has the best duck hunting/Flyway?

Which part of Georgia has the best duck hunting (best flyway)

• Total voters

ghadarits

To address a few points:

1. Where you are in the state DOES matter. I have heard of private areas around the Atlanta area and Millen area have huge numbers of woodies come in along with ringnecks, but they wont see a gadwall or mallard but once in a blue moon or none at all.

2. However, where I hunt (east GA) we get the woodies yes, but I have limited out on gadwall multiple times, and have seen very large groups come through this area. Same state, but different results.

As highlighted before in this topic and other topics the ducks change over the years along with their patterns. This used to not be the norm for the area. There used to be a much larger population of mallards that would come through this area, but no gadwall. The gadwall have made a comeback and adapted to the food in the area (primarily duckweed it seems) but the mallards have demised. In 20 years it could be a whole different story.
The best place I’ve ever had access to that consistently pulled in mallards was in Forsyth County. If it really iced up with snow cover up north there would be hundreds of them in only 10-15 acres of swamp. I really miss that place. This was in the late 1980s and there were more ducks around with less people going after them.

Ajlink2

I’ve extensively hunted NE. GA on big water, back water and beaver swamps. I’ll have some mallards and ring necks usually 3 or 4 hunts a season in NE GA. In middle GA Washington and Emanual counties it’s woodies and ring necks consistently with mallards in one specific hole but very few for me. In SW GA it’s a bunch of different ducks but I don’t have private water there and it’s too far from me to go consistently to dial it in better. If I had to pick one place to hunt it would be NE GA.
you ever hunt lake burton rabun or seed?

Ajlink2

The best place I’ve ever had access to that consistently pulled in mallards was in Forsyth County. If it really iced up with snow cover up north there would be hundreds of them in only 10-15 acres of swamp. I really miss that place. This was in the late 1980s and there were more ducks around with less people going after them.
man i heard people used to smack big ducks in dunwoody back in the day. i know a guy who has swamp land near the airport and has good number of birds

Robust Redhorse

The Atlantic Flyway is really all we have, if you want to get serious about duck hunting.

Lake Seminole, if you want as decent shot at a canvasback

There are a few mallards and wood ducks scattered around the state, and you can always blast those stupid Canada Geese that will come paddling toward you, if they think you have a loaf of bread.

Big7

The Oracle
That duck habitat on the NW end of Fishing Creek WMA has them. (Clark's Hill)

I seen a bunch about 2 weeks ago- or three. I would have to look.