Who are seeing less deer activity in their food plots.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Based on road sightings and sign early in the season our Wilkes Co population has bounced back. With plots growing well we are not seeing many deer in the plots and get are on camera at night. Is anyone else having this experience?

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
All i have been hunting is acorns. Because ur supposed to and past hunts. But this yera im not seeing any deer in the hardwoods. They are in the plots when i come and when i go. I hate hunting food plots. I save those for the kids.
So no im having the exact opposite experience

Josh B

Ours are killing the plots. I shot a 9 point last week and 5 deer came right back out.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Few acorns at our club.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
All i have been hunting is acorns. Because ur supposed to and past hunts. But this yera im not seeing any deer in the hardwoods. They are in the plots when i come and when i go. I hate hunting food plots. I save those for the kids.
So no im having the exact opposite experience

I had much rather hunt in the woods also.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Based on road sightings and sign early in the season our Wilkes Co population has bounced back. With plots growing well we are not seeing many deer in the plots and get are on camera at night. Is anyone else having this experience?

Yes. We had boo koo deer including two big bachelor groups right up until the start of archery. They have all disappeared and the ones that are showing up are in the plots at night based on camera pics. I'm not alone. The guys across the creek from me have the same problem and they are usually stocked up in bucks. There hasn't been much in the way of gun shots either. Other than water oaks we don't have much of an acorn crop this year.

Ihunt

If you have acorns that’s your answer. If you don’t, I would assume your neighbor does.

glynr329

Most are coming at night. I deleted bout 800 pictures today and maybe 50 were daytime pictures. Probably 300 to 400 more this week and maybe 20 to 30 daytime pictures.