Who else loves curry powder?

Oldstick

I know the term "curry" means a lot of things around the world and there are many types of foods called curry. But I am talking about the plain yellow curry powder available in the spice section of any grocery store in these parts. Forget the hot sauce commercials, "I put that blank on everything". The savory flavor of curry has the same appeal to me. Transforms even the cheapest of foods into very good with today's inflated prices. Bowl of ramen noodles, add a sprinkle and it goes to another level. Can of veggie soup, same thing. I even like stew beef chunks stir fried in a pan with nothing but a little oil, salt, pepper ad curry sprinkled in.

If I was forced to live with only 4 items in the spice rack besides salt and black pepper it would be curry powder, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder.

Lilly001

It does add a distinct flavor. But I only use it sparingly as most of my family shys from it.

georgia_home

Gotta find a good recipe. We have some in the pantry from not too long ago and need to get it on something

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I had some curried potatoes when I was in India that were the best food I had eaten in over 2 weeks there. I haven't had any that were that good since. I need to try and find a recipe to start working on that

Reactions: Dub

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Curry goat and sheep over rice rocked in Iraq and Afghanistan, but add it sparingly here.

Dub

53 years old....had never knowingly had it until a year ago.

Finally caved in and tried some curry dishes from the local restaurants: Indian, Thai and Vietnamese.

My hands down favorite is the garlicky cauliflower from the Indian place. It is phenomenal. Mighty potent flavors....but delicious. A small portion is flavor packed.

My son and I'll will split an order. Hoping to do that very thing over the weekend.

Has a little different garnish look every time....but this cauliflower is amazing.

I typically order some coconut curry chicken as well. No splitting of that....mine, all mine. :bounce:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I use it pretty often, but not on everything. It goes very well with a certain type of food. There's a Laotian lemongrass/curry grilled chicken dish I make now and then that's one of my favorites, as well as a saffron/curry Indian tikka dish that it's been too long since I've made. I also use it in my NY System meat sauce for hotdogs, and a lot of other things.

tikkas3.jpg

lemongrass3.jpg

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I love Massaman curry at a Thai restaurant .