Who has dropped their ---

Huntsman.45

Cell phone into the water or better yet into the toilet? :hair:

In a rush, mine proceeded to fall dead center yesterday after getting home from a day in the deer woods. Thank goodness the toilet was clean. :(

Naturally, it does not work now! I am trying to dry it out before I head back to cellphone store. Seems like I have several to break lately.

quailchaser

I dropped mine in a ditch about six months ago. I thought I got it out quick enough, but I was too slow. Good thing I had insurance on it so the cost wasn't so high when I replaced it.

fasn8nmom

I have dropped mine is all kinds of stuff. I guess the worst was at work where we made Brunswick Stew. I dropped in a 40 gal pot of boiling stew.

Huntsman.45

fasn8nmom said:
I have dropped mine is all kinds of stuff. I guess the worst was at work where we made Brunswick Stew. I dropped in a 40 gal pot of boiling stew.

At least it smelled good if you had to return it for insurance purposes!

A co worker of mine dropped his a couple months back and let it lay on the truck dash board for several days and it started to work. I hope i can do that with mine as it has only been a couple of month since I broke antena on my other one. :banginghe

redlevel

I rolled my cellphone and a pair of prescription sunglasses up in a 1000 lb. bale of hay about 5 years ago. I didn't miss them for about 20 minutes, so I didn't have a clue which bale they were in. I looked all winter for a cow wearing sunglasses and talking on a cellphone.

Huntsman.45

Redlevel--

redlevel said:
I rolled my cellphone and a pair of prescription sunglasses up in a 1000 lb. bale of hay about 5 years ago. I didn't miss them for about 20 minutes, so I didn't have a clue which bale they were in. I looked all winter for a cow wearing sunglasses and talking on a cellphone.

I've heard of mowing over them but never baling them. Should've had someone to call you and listen for the ring! ::ke: :D

redlevel

Huntsman.45 said:
I've heard of mowing over them but never baling them. Should've had someone to call you and listen for the ring! ::ke: :D

Tried that. No signal. I've baled up several good caps, too.

Huntsman.45

Caps-

I would usually get them with the rotary mower, while mowing around the end of the fields and a limb would knock it off my head and all you hear is whomp, whomp.

fatboy84

Sent my Blackberry around the log ride at Six Flags.... About one or two weeks after I had to replace it after someone hit my old one with a softball while it was clipped to my softball bag and hanging on a fence.

Thank goodness for insurance and the fact the company was paying for it.

Heathen

Most cell phones now days have a small white sticker under where the battery is and once it gets wet it turns red. This way when you take it back they know it is water damaged. I have had two that I left in my pants pocket and got washed in the washing machine. Thankfully I had insurance on them and only had to pay a small deductable to have them replaced. My service is with Verizon so I'm not sure if all the companies use these stickers or not, but even drying them out the stickers stays red. :banginghe

Last edited:

Heathen

Huntsman.45 said:
Mine is RED!
Yeah they've got you. I didn't realize this till after the first time and I dried it out and took it in that was the first thing they looked at then asked me if it had gotten wet. :banginghe

G

Gator1679

Yeah i too had a toilet episode, not a clean one though. FYI, after 3 claims cingular drops your insurance coverage for a year. No more talking while in the bathroom.

dbodkin

While trying to dock my boat my son dropped his in Lanier. We retrieved it, yanked the battery and used compressed air to get the water out. Left it sit for few days and it's been going good for 2 years now..

Al33

Mine followed me into Lake Allatoona one time. I was trying to retrieve a lure from a piece of submerfed rope. I was leaning over the bow when my foot lost its grip and overboard I went. Ruined that phone.

Arrow Flinger

Mine fell out of my coat pocket Saturday after the morning hunt. It didn't get wet but got squished by a Dodge Ram but my sticker is still white! Think they will replace it? :banginghe :banginghe

Slayer

try this.....

after my son decided my wife's nextel could float in her mop bucket......I put the the phone in my dehydrater for about 8 hours.....and dang if it didn't work fine after that.....