Who turkey hunts bare footed?

TurkeyH90

If it was on Oaky Woods I would know exactly who it was. Used to be in a huntin club with a guy that was almost always barefoot. Backwoods as it gets.

DSGB

cody-lundin-dual-survival.jpg

Killdee

I had an uncle who was a well pump repair man in Cherokee county who never wore shoes except for dead of winter, toughest old gnarly feet I ever did see. Used to take me fishing, walk right through the roughest nastiest briars and never flinch.

7 point

I only ware shoes when I have to I go bare footed most all the time.

Turkeydoghunter

I Took My Boots Off To Cross A Creek That Was Knee Deep Once I Got Out I Set Up On A Gobbler It Only Took15 Min To Kill Him ! I Never Put My Boots On Till I Crossed Back To The Otherside , Sometimes A Turkey Hunter Got To Do What He Got To Do !

M Sharpe

Ben Rogers Lee use to. In fact, I think they got on to him for showing up at the Johnny Carson show barefooted.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Back in the 1960's I used to fish Noontootley Creek near Camp Washega (sp) a US Army Ranger Camp above Dahlonega. Back then there was a creel census checker posted on the creek in a phone booth sized building. There was an old fella (probably 20 years younger than I am now) who worked for the state. He wore bib overalls, one side unbuttoned, and was barefooted every time I saw him.

Gadget

Guys in the everglades will hunt bare foot pretty often

Mark K

Banned
Those without shoes must be thse sit and wait hunters. There's no way you can hunt turkeys where I hunt them in South Georgia barefooted. I wear snake boots mainly for the briars and thorns, and I wish sometimes I has full body armor on!!

When hunting Florida, we went with Croc's!! Hard enough walking in sugar sand!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Me and P&Y Finally were walking down a logging road this morning turkey hunting and he points out something very strange, someone had walked down the road barefooted! That's right, perfect feet prints with ten toes right there in the mud! As ole Jerry Clower would say, If I'm lieing I'm dieing! Might have been Jim Thompson. :rofl:

Hey I just saw this! Yeah it was me:p

I usually don't do much bare footing around my place. I step over about 3 or 4 of these a year around my house. I don't worry much about them but I sure don't want the bill for one of these grabbing my footimage.jpg

Brad

I new an old timer up in north Florida and I don't think he even owned shoes. That guy was tough on anything he hunted. I turkey hunted with him one time and we went through some nasty stuff and he never batted an eye. He was a real throwback,I learned a lot from him.

He must have been sleeping when you layed that rake there.

You could say that.. He got real sleepy when I hit him behind the head with that rake. I really don't mind them much they gotta make a living to but for my kids and dogs I don't let them hang around the house.