Wilkes County

ufg8r93

It was slow in Wilkes Co. last weekend where we were (far SE corner, by the WMA). We spooked a couple deer on the way in to take out the game cameras on Friday, then my buddy watched a yearling buck feed for some time Saturday afternoon (from eight yards). My brother saw a doe Sunday evening, but she was too far for a shot. That's the extent of our deer sightings for Friday afternoon thru Monday morning. Saw fresh sign that indicated that deer were moving at nite.

Arrow3

Me and Hunter Haven hunted in the Sandtown community on Sunday afternoon and killed 3 does...He saw 11 and shot 2...I saw only one but she was enough...

Woody's Janitor

I hunted down the road from Haven and Brandon this morning and didn't see a deer. ::huh:

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
We're heading down Sunday morning , But not to hunt !! A fellow member stopped by the house last night and told me that the Tornado that hit Fortsonia must have landed at our camp and stayed around awhile a huge pin oak fell on our cabin , Total loss , and a big ole pine fell right through the middle of my camper , So we're going down to assess the damage , After the tragedy here at home this was not the news I needed !!

Arrow3

We're going down this afternoon :bounce: :clap: to see if we can thin them out some more

Arrow3

We didnt see anything this afternoon...

on a sad note...The guy that lets us hunt lost his brother this week.....To top that off a horse he said he had for 32 years died yesterday....

Arrow3

Me, Hunter Haven, Woody's Janitor and Habersham hammer have 92 acres about a mile from the 44 crossroads...I also have permission to bowhunt about 20 more acres down the road about another mile toward Danburg...

Latest posts