Wimpy's Gladly Pay You Tuesday Hamburger Thread...

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Since there was some discussion in Dagwood's Fat Sammy Thread concerning if a hamburger qualified is a sandwich, we'll just do a burger thread too!

Starting off with some weak sauce because I brought some ground beef home from mountain camp for 2 or 3 nights of bachelorism because my wife is out of town for a family funeral.

Double smash burgers with triple pepper jack cheese...
No ketchup in the house so I substituted honey mustard.
No buns in the house, so I sliced four Hawaiian rolls in alf and used them for the bun...

20230905_200531.jpg

I know yall can do better!
Pay you Tuesday!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That looks good.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Mountain camp has been officially rebranded as bear hunting camp.
Had to cook lunch because there will be no time to cook dinner after coming out of the mountains late.
Charcoal grilled double pepper jack burgers with a half a grilled red bell pepper on each... And some tater tots out of the air fryer.
Saved half for after the hunt because I still have a mountain to climb this afternoon.

20230909_160521.jpg

Last edited:

hopper

Since there was some discussion in Dagwood's Fat Sammy Thread concerning if a hamburger qualified is a sandwich, we'll just do a burger thread too!

Starting off with some weak sauce because I brought some ground beef home from mountain camp for 2 or 3 nights of bachelorism because my wife is out of town for a family funeral.

Double smash burgers with triple pepper jack cheese...
No ketchup in the house so I substituted honey mustard.
No buns in the house, so I sliced four Hawaiian rolls in alf and used them for the bun...

View attachment 1252363

I know yall can do better!
Pay you Tuesday!
A man's got to do what man's got to do :ROFLMAO:

Redbow

My Cousin and I used to go down to the diversion canal between the Santee-Cooper lakes to fish there. The boat ramp was behind the Canal Motel owned by a man by the name of Norm Greene. He served some of the best cheeseburgers I have ever eaten in his restaurant we couldn't get away from the place without having one of his burgers while visiting there.

Norman Greene, where ever you are today I hope you are still cooking them wonderful cheeseburgers.

All that food above in those pictures looks very good.

Big7

The Oracle
My Cousin and I used to go down to the diversion canal between the Santee-Cooper lakes to fish there. The boat ramp was behind the Canal Motel owned by a man by the name of Norm Greene. He served some of the best cheeseburgers I have ever eaten in his restaurant we couldn't get away from the place without having one of his burgers while visiting there.

Norman Greene, where ever you are today I hope you are still cooking them wonderful cheeseburgers.

All that food above in those pictures looks very good.
That canal and the bottom lake is my favorite place to freshwater fish by a wide margin.

Kinda wish I had never went because it makes fishing anywhere else not so much fun any more.

That area around Cross, SC. is plan B if Florida keeps getting more and more expensive to run out the clock in.

Down on the tail race canal will work too.
It's a little closer to saltwater and held the world record Blue Catfish for a number of years.