Windham firearms closing down

georgia_home

Their web site says it:

Dub

That is too bad.

Hate to see any of the American firearm manufacturers fade out.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Wonder if the government made them shut down. Or the economy. Guns been selling.

apstephen

Richard Dyke the owner died earlier this year. I'm thinking this had a hand in the closing.

FWIW...I have a couple of their SRC rifles. They have been dandy, reliable shooters for me. I hope that somehow they manage to continue.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Love mine.
If memory serves, years back, they developed the Bushmaster, sold it to Remington and when Remington ruined the quality, restarted the company and started building quality AR platform rifles again.

Robert28

They just became the forgotten AR company I think. Only the diehard gun people know they’re the old Bushmaster but even then that wasn’t enough to keep them selling like when they were Bushmaster. They had a good product, they just didn’t have the recognition anymore in a crowded market.

Reactions: Dub

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
They just became the forgotten AR company I think. Only the diehard gun people know they’re the old Bushmaster but even then that wasn’t enough to keep them selling like when they were Bushmaster. They had a good product, they just didn’t have the recognition anymore in a crowded market.
And their firearms are all .223/5.56.
Not just .223.

bullgator

I spent over an hour visiting with a gun shop owner this afternoon. He told me as of Q3 he’s down 300k from a normal year……..not just a peak pandemic year. He also said that many that bought during the pandemic are dumping them for 1/4-1/3 of their selling price.