With all this talk of scents, it got me wondering...

Hunter922

uhm...........Well.....Ummmmm...I uuhhhh...........................
Whew......................................................................:)

SmokyMtnSmoke

Nicole,

Here is a lengthy discussion about your question. This guy seems like he was serious but there are some very funny comments that make it worth the read. I about fell out of my chair with laughter reading this a few weeks back. :D

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=238116&highlight=tampon

It seems it's a bit of a mystery to the male hunters ;) but you could really put this to a REAL test and report back on your findings.

I've never tried it but am very curious about the results.

Based on all that I've read, if I were Nathan, I'd be right next to you during that week ;), that is as long as he's holding the gun! :eek: (Sorry I just couldn't resist :D )

Huntinfool

That might just be the boldest post I've ever seen....

I don't have an answer for you, but I certainly congratulate you on the guts to post it and deal with the responses with some humor.

Larry Rooks

I guess I'll lay the jokes aside and try and answer you question. It is a very good time to be in the woods and deer hunting. If you could bottle it, you probably be the only millionaire out there that made all the money in the scent business.:bounce: A TRUE female product that would really work during the rut. Uhhhhhhhhh, dang, this question ain't right, but a, have ya thought about saving one and hanging that BAD boy on a limb:hair: and them old Bucks be coming in and looking:love: Be careful though, ya might have to shoot one quick:shoot: to keep it out:biggrin2: of your lap

SnowHunter

Smoky, :rofl: :rofl that link was HILARIOUS!! And I still aint done readin it yet!!
Guess I aint gotta worry much bout cover scent then :bounce:

SnowHunter

That might just be the boldest post I've ever seen....

I don't have an answer for you, but I certainly congratulate you on the guts to post it and deal with the responses with some humor.

Thanks!! :cheers: I got some tough skin! Sides, I think most of these guys know they just might get friendly with a .45 if they made me mad :shoot::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I guess I'll lay the jokes aside and try and answer you question. It is a very good time to be in the woods and deer hunting. If you could bottle it, you probably be the only millionaire out there that made all the money in the scent business.:bounce: A TRUE female product that would really work during the rut. Uhhhhhhhhh, dang, this question ain't right, but a, have ya thought about saving one and hanging that BAD boy on a limb:hair: and them old Bucks be coming in and looking:love: Be careful though, ya might have to shoot one quick:shoot: to keep it out:biggrin2: of your lap
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sultan of Slime

Ive gotta show this to the wife when i get home!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

And i wonder if fulldraw farms will be carrying this product in time for the rut this year? I can see it now "Aunt Flows BIG BUCK Dynamite" get to work kenny the rut will be on us soon!!!!:cool::cool:

Ga-Bullet

Don't Know about the Deer, But The Bears Would Love Ya. I've Got a Buddie That work on the fire Line's In Colorado. Said They wouldn't Let The women work That time of the Month Because Of the Grizzly's.He Said they had a women in camp, With them one year that it was her time of the month. Said they woke up next Morning with Grizzly tracks knee Deep around Camp. They where 22 Mile from the road.Had Air lifted her out. and had to move the Whole camp. So you should no excuse when it comes Bear Season.

swamp hunter

might troll up a cull buck or last years dumb spike:love:, but I think when most men ,er bucks get a little older they figgur it sure was fun ,but it ain,t worth dying for:bounce:

dixie

As posted earlier this has come up on this very board before and that time of the month does give a woman hunter a definite advantage! Some guys had even gone so far as to ask their wives to store thier used female products in the freezer for them!

packrat

problems

By looking at these posts it's easy to see there's some desperate folks around here. If yall guys go to that extreme to get a stinking deer you got some serious issues to deal with.:crazy: Ain't ever wanted a deer that bad. Sitting in a tree in 20 degree weather is one thing but this takes the cake. I'll take the convenient Tinks spray bottle.

Rackbuster

I've never tired it personally but I know a guy that swore by using a used tampoon.The only way I'll use one is with some Tink's.

whitworth

Lordy, you had to remind me

Hidden there for nearly four decades, in the recesses of my old brain.

I don't know about deer, but I had a buddy who had a dog, he used as a scout, at parties.

southwoodshunter

Scents- here's my proof.

well, I ain't going to brag...much, but my friend's hubby invited me to go hunting with him, put me in his favorite stand & this is what I got..... a 9 pt.
He said he hadn't seen anything out of that stand in 3 weeks... :whip:
He asked me if I was using the special scent, his wife & I laughed at him. I said sure didn't you see all the white scent bombs...:rofl:
Then I just told him it was because I was a good hunter..
he said it was Lady luck, with some help from nature.
Then we all had a long discussion about the rumor behind that & I was embarrassed cos' I couldn't believe we were having that discussion:p

Attachments

• 9-pt-webster-co-11-04 # 3.jpg
    9-pt-webster-co-11-04 # 3.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 304

bowbuck

now that's funny, don't care who you are

Hidden there for nearly four decades, in the recesses of my old brain.

I don't know about deer, but I had a buddy who had a dog, he used as a scout, at parties.

Well that settles one thing, my wife will stay at home then, she already out fishes me, she cheats and kills a bigger buck i'll be living in the attic.:flag:

SnowHunter

well, I ain't going to brag...much, but my friend's hubby invited me to go hunting with him, put me in his favorite stand & this is what I got..... a 9 pt.
He said he hadn't seen anything out of that stand in 3 weeks... :whip:
He asked me if I was using the special scent, his wife & I laughed at him. I said sure didn't you see all the white scent bombs...:rofl:
Then I just told him it was because I was a good hunter..
he said it was Lady luck, with some help from nature.
Then we all had a long discussion about the rumor behind that & I was embarrassed cos' I couldn't believe we were having that discussion:p

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That is one heckuva buck for sure! Congrats!! :cheers:
Guess "Mother Nature" will take on a whole new meaning from now on :bounce::bounce:

Lord if and of the guys @ Telco reads this I'll never live this down round camp this season :rofl::rofl: