WMA sign in deer limit

Wanderlust

It's always been two deer on most sign in hunts. Don't see it in the regs this year. Did it change to season limit for sign in? Bonus deer (check in) still shows a two deer limit.

QuackHead90

Sign in you can kill whatever you have left on your tags been that way forever around middle ga

watermedic

2 deer limit on a check-in hunt. On some of those that is for the two that they tag for you and then you can still shoot more on your own tags.

Ohoopee Tusker

It's always been two deer on most sign in hunts. Don't see it in the regs this year. Did it change to season limit for sign in? Bonus deer (check in) still shows a two deer limit.
Page 44 in the regs (online) looks like it is now saying state limit unless otherwise stated. It used to be 2 deer if the sign in hunt lasted less than a week and the state limit if it lasted longer than 10 days.

chrislibby88

2 deer limit on a check-in hunt. On some of those that is for the two that they tag for you and then you can still shoot more on your own tags.
I’m pretty sure once you shoot two deer on the check in hunt you are done for that particular hunt. You can come back into he next sign in hunt and punch your own tags.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
I’m pretty sure once you shoot two deer on the check in hunt you are done for that particular hunt. You can come back into he next sign in hunt and punch your own tags.

This is correct on WMAs. Some parks in the past allowed you to tag additional deer on your own tags in the past, that's probably where he remembered that from.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist

We cleaned up and simplified the regulation by getting rid of the term "managed hunt" which did allow your season limit for some shorter term hunts. That regulation had no real biological benefits and only served to confuse people.

Duckdiver

I noticed some of the dates do not have an "s" or a "b". In previous seasons the Archery and Primitive dates would have had an "s" noted but this season I don't see that. Any clarification?
Sign-In.PNG

QuackHead90

My outdoors ga app will not let me sign in for ocmulgee wma even though the hunt is in… it pulls up future hunts but not the hunt that is in now.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
My outdoors ga app will not let me sign in for ocmulgee wma even though the hunt is in… it pulls up future hunts but not the hunt that is in now.

Change your start date for the search to the day before the hunt started. I've brought up that issue, but they obviously haven't fixed it.