Wooly Worm got a workout

duckbill

I tried a new fly today from BreamBugs. It called the Wooly Worm. It did fantastic. You know it's good when you're throwing back every Bluegill under 10". I kept 5 nice ones and lost a few good ones. I even had one break me off in the logs and cost me one of my new Wooly Worms:( . Here is a pic of the Wooly with a gil. The Gil doesn't look as big because I'm holding the rod up closer to the camera.
Gills1.jpg

One thing I love about bream fishing is the different variations in color. I think they cross breed at times. One of the fish in the picture(you can't see it well) is a mix of a bluegill and red breast. Black and purple on top, light with an orange gullet on bottom.
Gills2.jpg

I only fished for about an hour this morning and caught probably 15 in the 7"-11" range. That Wooly Worm was "doin it's thing":clap: .

yaknfish

Sounds like fun to me. Hard to beat a good hour of Bream fishing. Sounds like you have a heck of a pond to fish.
BTW, if you want to start tying, that Wooly Worm is really easy to tie.

B

breampole

wooly worm

Looks like the ww will be a permanent resident in your fly box. Pretty fish. Didn't get to go again today--plan interruptions in morning and weather in afternoon.