WV EARLY SEASON

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
No barn burners by any means, but I did end up limiting out on geese 3 consecutive days, ducks were hard to come by. Hunted mostly solo, but did pick up some scoters in the mountains with my brothers. Total 17 ducks, 16 geese and here are a few pics.

LR, recognize this place:cool:
WVHUNT.jpg

WVBRO.jpg

WV SCOTERS
WVSCOTER.jpg

WVHUNT3.jpg

WVHUNT2.jpg

WVLASTDAY.jpg

Nitro

Banned
Man,

That is great!!! I am ready to start the season!

Interesting to kill Scoters that far from the Ocean.

You are in our thoughts here Mel. When do you leave for overseas? Come back safe to your family and friends! I want to take you Turkey hunting in '07!!

WOODIE13

Was kind of strange, but we had the NorEaster that had some serious wind, rain and low teamps Friday, so they may have gotten a little off course.

More than likely will be rolling in a month or two, looks like a year there, so may have to try 08:flag:

little rascal

Hey, Congrat's!

Yeah, I know that place. Even pretty sure of that exact spot you took the pic in. Hey those Scoters or whatever they were, what kind of water was ya'll on to get those???

WOODIE13

We were on the river, go figure there??? Still scratching my head, but you never know what the north wind will bring you:flag:

jason308

looks good Woodie! Hows NC treatin ya???

WOODIE13

So far, so good. Just got finished running 4 miles under 34 minutes this morning so the ducks don't stand a chance:D

How you doing?

jason308

So far, so good. Just got finished running 4 miles under 34 minutes this morning so the ducks don't stand a chance:D

How you doing?

4 miles in 34minutes?? Man thats gettin it done! :cool: I have been snowed under with school and all....did manage to get out in the boat yesterday evening.....saw a bunch of woodies and a couple dozen geese.....I'll be out of town for school on the duck opener!!!:cry:

WOODIE13

4 miles in 34minutes?? Man thats gettin it done! :cool: I have been snowed under with school and all....did manage to get out in the boat yesterday evening.....saw a bunch of woodies and a couple dozen geese.....I'll be out of town for school on the duck opener!!!:cry:

I will be close to being out of town for the regular season here, but may try to make a day or two of it:cool:

DaveH1

GONetwork Member
congrats

Congrats on some successful hunts, good photos, thanks for sharing!

I hope you get some more hunting in before you depart.

dave

Dep6

Mel those are awesome pics, I am glad you got some hunting in and maybe a lil more before you ship out, Be safe over there as you can be.

WOODIE13

Season kicks in here 11 NOV, so I may be able to get a day or two in:cool:

Will do:flag: